The Ultimate No Fly New Yorker

I have just booked a fabulous little holiday for one of my clients, and she was so chuffed with the package, I thought I would share it with you :D

Do you hate flying? Or do you just love cruising so much you want as much time on the ship as possible? Is New York on your list of places to visit? This holiday is perfect for you.

You will cruise from Southampton to New York next 24th June 2011 on board the world-famous Queen Mary 2. You then stay for 5 nights in a luxury Manhattan hotel for plenty of time to explore this wonderful city and soak up the buzzing atmosphere of the city that never sleeps. All this before meeting up with QM2 again and sailing home from New York to Southampton, with even more time to indulge in the luxury that this beautiful ocean liner exudes.

Your transfers in New York are taken care of, and we have even arranged complimentary car parking in Southampton for the duration of your holiday, so we have thought of everything from start to finish. Prices start from just 2699 per person for the full 19 nights.

Click here to view this offer, and feel free to call me on 0800 408 6125 or email markg@cruise.co.uk for more details.

Mark Grimes
    Team Manager
    Markg@cruise.co.uk
    Tel: 0800 408 6102

Oh no, the ULTIMATE trip is where you arrive in New York on QM2, spend a night at the Waldorf=Astoria before hopping on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited along the scenic Hudson River Valley overnight to Chicago (time to climb the Sears Tower), changing trains onto Amtrak's California Zephyr (composed of impressive gleaming stainless steel double deck Superliner sleeping-cars, diner, lounge car and seats cars) taking two nights across Nebraska, through the Rockies west of Denver, across New Mexico and Utah to San Francisco, spend a few nights there, then train to LA, do the Hollywood tour, 3 nights aboard the original and fantastic Queen Mary at Longbeach (quite eerie at night, especially when you do the late night ghost hunts), then 4,000 miles in an RV back east, mostly by fabledRoute 66, then QM2 home.

13,000 miles, no flights... And yes, that's exactly what we did in June-July-Aug! Aren't airports hateful places?

Anyone else combined ships with trains?

Last edited by Man_in_seat_61, Aylesbury; 12th September 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Wow, what a trip!

Wow, what a trip!!! You must get on very well with your travelling companion, as 13000 miles together is more than enough to spark divorce or break up a friendship!

Its good to hear about your trip though as we are actually looking at a couple of options including trains, so as to offer an all-encompasing holiday of cruise ports and big, inland cities.

Thanks very much for your post - I wonder what your favourite part of it was destination wise?

Mark Grimes
    Team Manager
    Markg@cruise.co.uk
    Tel: 0800 408 6102