Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

What do you consider 'fine food and wine'?

So we don't hi jack a thread [Why just the Ventura?] here's an opportunity for us to discuss quite an important subject.

I for one don't like champagne. I'm not too keen on truffles and cavier.

I love seafood and in particular cold lobster and a basic green salad and a simple creme brulee, accompanied by a particularly fruity sauvignon blanc [Cloudy Bay springs to mind]...

Beautiful veg, brightly coloured fruit...

Last edited by Mrs M; 17th October 2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: punctuation

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    So we don't hi jack a thread [Why just the Ventura?] here's an opportunity for us to discuss quite an important subject.

I for one don't like champagne. I'm not too keen on truffles and cavier.

I love seafood and in particular cold lobster and a basic green salad. A simple creme brulee accompanied by a particularly fruity sauvignon blanc [Cloudy Bay springs to mind]...

Beautiful veg, brightly coloured fruit...
    Whatever happened to real honest food

In the Plasa you could have egg on toast

In Peirre Gardein it was scambled egg with the crust cut off the toast

But you did get to sit on garden furniture :p

Champagne I can take or leave, Truffles I can take or leave, but I do like a wee bit of caviar...

Other than that, i did have a fantastic steak on the NCL Sun a while back.. a Filet Mignon, topped with foie gras, in a veal jus... A vegetarian's nightmare, but I loveed it...

Images
    Hi I am a seafood freak I love fish I second the lobster, plus crab and not forgetting sea bass with a nice bottle of cold champagne but it must be dry.
    A nice platter of cheese , cheddar Gorgonzola and dry crisp biscuits lovely!! Cg

Must admit, I'm looking forward to trying Lobster on out cruise next year...

Hi I am a seafood freak I love fish I second the lobster, plus crab and not forgetting sea bass with a nice bottle of cold champagne but it must be dry.
    A nice platter of cheese , cheddar Gorgonzola and dry crisp biscuits lovely!! Cg
    All of the above but the cheese must be Stilton

Carol

What makes food good for me is the quality of the ingredients. I have had some really good simple steaks and a few terrible fillet mingions(? spelling). I really like most seafood but on a recent holiday all the fish was dreadful so dry and overcooked it took courage to eat it.I can vouch for the seafood on Fred and the lobster was realy good and beautifully served. I am not a fan of the buffet unless we're early as I often find it is good quality food but with that warmed over taste and texture. Champaigne is ok but it has to be a hot sunny evening for me to really enjoy it:, truffles yuk,Cavier I can eat that quite well.

Images
    Same for me, but stilton instead of cheddar and the gorgonzola must be very soft and runny.:D
    Great choice CG.

ugh fish

cant stand fish can eat prawns in nice sauce.
    meat for me steak or lamb luckily i deliver meat for a living and can buy at wholesale prices.
    mmmm hope the foods good on destiny next week.
    brian

oops for wine a nice zinfandel or white a muscadet nice and dry.
    brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast