Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I have absolutely no problems with anyone's ethnicity, sexuality, etc. However I would have found it very uncomfortable to have been on the ship where passengers were making overtly racist and homophobic statements and expecting everyone else to agree.

Whilst I agree that you can't write off the whole of one US state due to the behaviour of a selection of individuals on a cruise, I think I would have found this the most uncomfortable of all the situations described in this thread.
    Agree - well said.

H

I just think it is very sad that people cannot accept other people for what they are and not make assumption because of their colour, sexual orientation, religion, nationality or gender. does the Bible not say God made us equal and in his own image?
    I agree IssyAlex. Excellent points. I also think that if people choose not to associate with particular groups of people then they might be missing out. Part of the fun of cruising is to get to know new people.
    Liz
    x

Images
    Just to be clear, some of the examples of the wide spread behaviour I was exposed to on that trip and I have shared on this forum is that which we would be able to criminalise in the UK

Posh
    It is against the law to discriminate in the UK but that is employment law not criminal law

What is against the law is harassment

Images
    I have absolutely no problems with anyone's ethnicity, sexuality, etc. However I would have found it very uncomfortable to have been on the ship where passengers were making overtly racist and homophobic statements and expecting everyone else to agree.

Whilst I agree that you can't write off the whole of one US state due to the behaviour of a selection of individuals on a cruise, I think I would have found this the most uncomfortable of all the situations described in this thread.
    Then don't agree with them ask them to stop if they don't then report it.

The cruise company would have a duty of care to put a stop to harassment or face unlimited fines in the courts.

The gay community in the US are well organized and has a lot of power to make it very uncomfortable for the cruise companies.

If you don't make a stand against any form of discrimination then it just gets worse.

Then don't agree with them ask them to stop if they don't then report it.

The cruise company would have a duty of care to put a stop to harassment or face unlimited fines in the courts.

The gay community in the US are well organized and has a lot of power to make it very uncomfortable for the cruise companies.

If you don't make a stand against any form of discrimination then it just gets worse.
    I would like to think that I would do exactly that, were I ever in such a situation.

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    I would like to think that I would do exactly that, were I ever in such a situation.
    Have a look at Obama Signs New Cruise Ship Safety Bill should be interesting to see what the full impact will be

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345