Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I stand corrected Delby.

But this is from Mailonline:- Lady Thatcher to be honoured with State funeral, but Palace fears there might not be enough troops to line streets of London[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]

Read more: Lady Thatcher to be honoured with State funeral | Mail Online
    Aha, the 'Wail Online'........

According to the BBC website, a Ceremonial funeral is one rung down from a State funeral.

I don't have a problem with this.

Hi LRR
    That article is an old one.
    Maybe you should delete it due to some of the content which could be seen as in bad
    Regards
    Garfield
    Hi Garfield, I went off the date on the article which was 10/04/13. I have taken your advice and deleted the link.

I have mixed feelings myself ...

While I had enormous respect for the lady and admire a great deal (though not all) of what she did, I'm not very comfortable with the idea of a state funeral for any politician. Personally I'd prefer a more private funeral and a big memorial service - but hey, that's just me ...

Cheers,
    Lynn

OP = Original poster

LRR,

I speak of trolls and hey presto..............look who appears! Co-incidence or just a strange occurrence? (like Pompey winning a game?)

PM

Garf,
    Make your mind up..........should LRR ignore Rich......PM or not?
    Look who's talking. Just keep to the topic PM. I know it's hard for you but try and control yourself on this one.

Images
    Look who's talking. Just keep to the topic PM. I know it's hard for you but try and control yourself on this one.
    Don't worry LRR,
    This will be my last comment on this thread. I know, as you do when you started the thread, this is only going to go one way. Good Luck.

BTW I'm not a troll as I don't hide behind multi ID's like some I know of.

PM

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

I have mixed feelings myself ...

While I had enormous respect for the lady and admire a great deal (though not all) of what she did, I'm not very comfortable with the idea of a state funeral for any politician. Personally I'd prefer a more private funeral and a big memorial service - but hey, that's just me ...

Cheers,
    Lynn
    I agree with you Lynn, after all she's not Royalty........................................... ..........................Carol

Don't worry LRR,
    This will be my last comment on this thread. I know, as you do when you started the thread, this is only going to go one way. Good Luck.

BTW I'm not a troll as I don't hide behind multi ID's like some I know of.

PM
    There is only one way this thread will go if members respect each others opinion and that is the right way.
    If you are referring to me with your last comment. I have only one ID and that is LRR. BTW nobody has
    accused you of being a Troll. Have a nice day PM

Images
    She is not having a state funeral, Sir Winston Churchill had a state funeral.

Baroness Thatcher is getting a ceremonial funerYes I do believe she deserves the funeral she is getting as a Baroness, first female and longest serving Prime Minister.

fully agree with your comment Delboy,it is a ceremonial funeral,vastly different to a state funeral.
    Jim

Images
    I take it that's aimed at me

More unsubstantiated accusations...now where have you learned that little trick?
    Funny how once again Richard logged off and you logged on...coincidence or what.
    Maybe the admins should ip check you like they did Pompey John.
    Funny how he hasn't reappeared since they did.
    You couldn't make it up
    Regards
    Garfield
    Garf,
    If the cap fits!
    I'd welcome any checks, I have nothing to hide. I hope some of those "characters" were checked out last night.
    As for logging on\off I am afraid Richard has retired whilst I'm still in uniform and work! Sorry to de-bunk your conspiracy theory!

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

"Should Maggie Thatcher have a ceremonial funeral"

No.

As a general rule she was idolised in the South and hated in the North. Regardless of how you feel about her she divided the nation. She was a 'marmite' PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast