Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Just joined as a newby to read the "How to choose the right cruise and find the best deal.pdf" but when I download it I get only one page! Am I in the wrong place?
    Regards

i downloaded this and it was only two pages?

I booked an MSC cruise last year with cruise.co.uk (I wanted to try MSC, have done that and won't be doing it again! ) anyway booking direct in this instance was same price but I had a problem and tried to deal direct as wanted to book all inclusive drinks package. MSC kept telling me I was not able to book drinks package less than 3 weeks before sailing as advertised on their website( it actually said two weeks on there) . James at cruise.co.uk was able to sort this for me by using company credit card, so I was glad I didn't book direct . But yes I agree you usually pay more booking direct. I've booked PO cruise with agent as it was 100 each cheaper 529 I notice cruise.co.uk are still charging 670 in same grade cabin. Lowcost.com website said 629 but when I telephoned they beat their own website at 529!

On my words, just ask some people you know what is the best cruise they have been. There!

Excellent idea even for cruise addicts like me

Got an MSC cruise much cheaper than direct at 700 for a single occupancy balcony cabin on Fantasia ( great ship)

I think some people new to cruises are taken in by the marketing and brochures so get disappointed specially on the cheaper cruises.

Is the brochure actually still up to date? I didn't see another one on here so far. I'm actually already booked, but I was wondering about that since the thread is at the top. I'm not going to ask anyone to point me to the deals on here, since I'm content to browse through everything, but maybe it would be nice to have the new brochure up, as well?

Below taken from the brochure......

"Don't always presume that last minute is best
    Booking a last minute cruise may get a cheaper price, but be aware that
    there are some negatives - you won’t get a choice of cabin or dining
    preferences and you may end up with an obstructed view or experience a
    little engine noise.
    (TIP! If you book a cruise with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or NCL,
    they will give you the difference BACK, if the cruise you booked is reduced!) "

Interested in the last Tip. Will this include if you booked through a agent, like I have done with Cruise.co.uk? At the moment I have only paid the deposit.

Paul

Last edited by pauled, newport; 9th June 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Our circumstances require that we need to make arrangements back at home while we are away, therefore, we generally book well in advance of going on a cruise perhaps eight to twelve months ahead.

In the past this has not been a problem as cruise prices have tended to rise or stay at a constant price as time has gone on, until near the sailing date.

This year we booked our February 2013 Caribbean Cruise on P&O Azura in late March.

We took the advice of the brochure and booked early to get the 10% Celebratory saving. We also qualified of a £100 on board credit (obc), £50 for taking an option out on a previous cruise and £50 for being frequent cruise clients.

Today, 21 June 2012 the same cruise with the same grade cabin, just 2 doors further along the corridor is £780 cheaper for the two of us, as well as £90 each obc. We would still each be entitled to our additional £50 obc.

If the cruise was sailing in a few weeks time and there were unfilled cabins I could understand P&O discounting cabins. However, it is nearly 8 months before the cruise sails. I feel cheated by P&O.

I can only imagine that P&O are very desperate to sell cabins due to lack of demand and over pricing.

I would not recommend that anyone books too far in advance unless there are very good reasons to do so. Hold on as long as you can for next year’s winter sun cruises. The more desperate P&O get, the lower the prices.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast