Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Norwegian Fjords....when to visit?

Can anyone please advise me when is the best time of year to visit the Norwegian Fjords weatherwise, thinking of booking a cruise there but unsure of time of year?

I'm sure there is no best time to visit Norway it's a matter of what you want from your cruise. If you want to see the Northern Lights in all there glory then early in the year is best, but the weather will be very cold. We have chosen the end of this month to go as we thought the weather would be slightly more clement, the nights light and we would be able to get about and see the fantastic scenery.
    In the summer season you have a wider chose of cruise ships going to the Fjords and the North Cape.

Hopefully, later there will be some other people who have done the cruises at different times of the year who will be able to help you

Images
    I'm sure as Mollymop has suggested.. there is no best time to see the Fjords. Anytime should be memorable. Such fantastic scenery.
    We went on 'The Land of the midnight Sun' with FO.
    We were up there on the longest day 21st. June. Truly remarkable and we came home with a light tan! But, it's the scenery, truly spectacular. Whenever you go, you will come back with wonderful memories and superb photographs.

*Carol M*

Went in August a couple of years ago, on the Oceana.... Quite cold, very rainy, especially Stavanger. Had to wear winter coat at most of the stops. In Flam I think it actually snowed!

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Can anyone please advise me when is the best time of year to visit the Norwegian Fjords weatherwise, thinking of booking a cruise there but unsure of time of year?
    Hi David38, we went on 28th may this year, and 8th may last year, both times weather was good.
    The thing to hope for is that the weather is clear as the scenery is FANTASTIC!
    This year in Bergen it was a lovely morning so took the fununcular to the top and walked down, this was a wise move as in the afternoon the cloud came down and so did the rain.
    The temp was about 14-16 degs every day, plenty of snow on the tops, and the waterfalls amazing.
    I really do hope you go, you won't regret it, we absolutely LOVE IT.

Kind regards

Irene

Norwegan fjords.......................

Thank you to everyone who replied to my query.

All information was very, very helpful and we look forward to seeing the wonderful sights you all described. Just didnt want it to be too cold, and had thought about going May or June next year which sounds about right.

Thanks again everyone for your help, much appreciated.

David

We were there on 2nd May this year and some of the days we had were glorious, even caught a bit of a tan.

Images
    David... another Torbay poster on the site.... there is a few of us on here now.. we should form a club.. nice to meet you .. on the site.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I'm sure as Mollymop has suggested.. there is no best time to see the Fjords. Anytime should be memorable. Such fantastic scenery.
    We went on 'The Land of the midnight Sun' with FO.
    We were up there on the longest day 21st. June. Truly remarkable and we came home with a light tan! But, it's the scenery, truly spectacular. Whenever you go, you will come back with wonderful memories and superb photographs.
    I have to agree with the above post. The middle of June us the best time to go if you want warmer weather in certain ports. We did the Land fo The Midnight Sun in June on QE2. We went all the up as far as Spitzbergen where it was very snowy and cold. Howeve,r in Bergen and Trondhiem it was summer T shirts and shorts. We were told in Throndhiem they only get about three good weeks a year and they are in June. So June it is for me. I love the Norway cruise and want to go again.

Hi Nice to meet you to on site, as you say not many of us on here, good idea to form a club! David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast