Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=Lizzie, Lymington;190567]I would also be up for a 'mini cruise' 3 days?? Would prefer 'out of school holidays' 1) Cheaper! 2) Cannot abide badly behaved children (or Adults)!

I think I could be persuaded and other half would be too.....in fact put us down for it:D:D
    Of course it depends on when and where but would be nice to meet fellow forum members and wear our badges (if they arrive ) with pride!

BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

I think it would be a wonderful idea. Difficult to get it altogether but surely would be great to put faces to names.

Images
    Count me in as well please. Sounds like fun and completely flexible wth dates ( except for most of May on HAL) so really don't mind what we do....Carol

WOW, What can I say.......It's great to read such positive responses.

Now the hard work must begin. I'll start searching the mini cruises to see whats available and see if we can come up with a workable plan. I suppose it depends on what sort of budget we are looking at, hopefully there will be something to suit everyone.

I am sure that with some support from Cruise Dot we could get some group discount or something extra thrown in. So there's a challenge for someone....Faz, Mark or Chloe are you up for it?

I'm not too sure whether a lunch would work, depends so much on numbers and how far people have to travel and then maybe ending up paying for an overnight in hotel, my thinking is that the money would be better going towards a mini cruise.

I'll be back later with an update.

MarieC, Troon Guest
    It is a great idea Bradbury and I've often thought I'd love to meet some of my fellow forum members 'in the flesh'. Personally, and judging what others have said, it would depend on the dates. I do think Del's point about a poll would have to be the way to go. Then those who like the idea would have a better idea if they could make it.

I do wish we lived nearer to S'ton but whether we can join in or not I wish all who do a great meeting.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    It is a great idea Bradbury and I've often thought I'd love to meet some of my fellow forum members 'in the flesh'. Personally, and judging what others have said, it would depend on the dates. I do think Del's point about a poll would have to be the way to go. Then those who like the idea would have a better idea if they could make it.

I do wish we lived nearer to S'ton but whether we can join in or not I wish all who do a great meeting.

In the flesh

What sort of get together are you thinking of?

I will keep my armer on ;) :D :D :D

It's a great idea but I'm a long way from Southampton and I'm tied to school hols so I will probably have to opt out but I hope you all have a great time. I'll keep an eye on the forum in case there is anything I can join in with.
    Angela

MarieC, Troon Guest
    In the flesh

What sort of get together are you thinking of?

I will keep my armer on ;) :D :D :D
    Sorry, should have put that better. Although, there are certain cruise ships.;):D

We're already booked on the Eclipse for a 4 nighter departing on 29 April (friday). As this is the date of the Royal wedding it has now been designated as a public holiday and the monday is, I think, the May Day bank holiday so nearly the whole cruise lies outside of school days although we return on tuesday 3 May which would be a school day I believe.

We got a great rate on this one when we booked through Faz at cruise dot and it's a superb ship.

Why don't you all join us?;):D

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    We're already booked on the Eclipse for a 4 nighter departing on 29 April (friday). As this is the date of the Royal wedding it has now been designated as a public holiday and the monday is, I think, the May Day bank holiday so nearly the whole cruise lies outside of school days although we return on tuesday 3 May which would be a school day I believe.

We got a great rate on this one when we booked through Faz at cruise dot and it's a superb ship.

Why don't you all join us?;):D
    that sounds interesting, aren't they offering a balcony for the price of an inside at the mo?
    Celebrity = my new favourite line

Helen

the keeper of Sophie (who snores), the cat and Tallulah and Loobylu, the kitties

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast