Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

non-0800 number?

Hiya cruise.co.uk - whilst the 0800 number is great for calling free from landlines, freephone numbers are rarely included in the inclusive minutes with mobile phone tarrifs.

Do you have a 'traditional' geographic number beginning with 01...........?

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Hi Grant,

you can use the number that normally comes in from abroad - 0121 312 2809

While we're on the subject, just in case some of you don't know you can often find an alternative number for those hideously expensive 0845 etc numbers if you do a number search at SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Images
    0845 numbers are charged at a local rate I think ?

0845 numbers aren't particularly expensive (I was thinking more 0870 there, sorry) but they won't be included in a talk plan if you have one - eg I am with Virgin Media and have their XL package which includes unlimited talk time but not to those numbers, so would be charged extra for them, just as in Grant's mobile phone scenario.

yes, 0800 numbers do seem to be causing havoc with mobile users. Perhaps businesses should invest in 0333 numbers as well.. those are included in mobile tariffs.

Not A penny

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    While we're on the subject, just in case some of you don't know you can often find an alternative number for those hideously expensive 0845 etc numbers if you do a number search at SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers
    Well i love 0845 numbers, don't cost me a penny with BT, and 0871 :D

My mobile bill was about 15 higher this month and although I'd been abroad I was surprised to find this wasn't the reason, it was because I'd used my mobile to call a couple of 0844 numbers. I knew 0800 numbers were not free from mobiles but I didn't expect they would each cost three or four pounds.

So thanks for that tip about how to make them cheaper, I've also downloaded a similar app onto my iphone.
    Liz

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi Grant,

you can use the number that normally comes in from abroad - 0121 312 2809
    Thanks will add that to the mobile address book and use that when calling out and about!

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

A lot of companies that have an 0800 number also give out a number to be used when calling from abroad. This will be in the format of +441234 567890. If you substitute the +44 bit for a zero you will get the call included in your mobile minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast