Transfers west yorks/southampton

Can anyone recommend a coaching company that I can contact which will take us from Leeds or Wakefield to Southampton in April. Not at all impressed with National Express as have to change in London and journey takes far too long. When we travelled on QV in May, Cunard arranged coaching for us from Motorway service station, but Fred Ohlsson do not supply this service.
    Many thanks in advance.

Patty

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Can anyone recommend a coaching company that I can contact which will take us from Leeds or Wakefield to Southampton in April. Not at all impressed with National Express as have to change in London and journey takes far too long. When we travelled on QV in May, Cunard arranged coaching for us from Motorway service station, but Fred Ohlsson do not supply this service.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Hi Cruise Saver Travel hire a Pullman Train for travel too and from the North to and from Southampton for mainly P&O and Cunard sailings. One of these 19th April picks up at Leeds for the QV cruise, lunch is provided on the train. Once the luggage is on the train you don't see it again until it arrives at your cabin. Look at their website for further details.

Train from Leeds (0811) or Wakefield (0823) would get you into Southampton at 1317. Change at Derby rather than Birmingham as it may be the same platform.
    See Cross Country trains
    http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/...ember_2010.pdf
    Brian

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi Patty, went with P&O in may, we had free coach travel from Barnsley with Eavesway.
    Their tel no is 01942 727985 the price was 79 return,left Barnsley at 7-15am and arrived in southampton at 12-15. It is worth giving them a ring, their service was exellant.
    Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Kind regards

Irene

Eavesway only operate for P&O and Princess cruises. I am suprised Fred Olsen does not operate a similar service.
    Brian

Eavesway only operate for P&O and Princess cruises. I am suprised Fred Olsen does not operate a similar service.
    Brian
    Brian. I have checked with my t.a. and they can only recommend Nat.Express or Port Link. Thats why I am trying to get some advice from others - I have'nt tried Port Link as yet. I too am surprised Fred Olsen doesnt operate a service similar to other cruise lines.

Thanks to you all who have replied with suggestions and will let you know the final results. As we are both of a certain age, would need to find the quickest route but not necessarily the cheapest.

Kind regards

Patty

Hi Patty, went with P&O in may, we had free coach travel from Barnsley with Eavesway.
    Their tel no is 01942 727985 the price was 79 return,left Barnsley at 7-15am and arrived in southampton at 12-15. It is worth giving them a ring, their service was exellant.
    Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Kind regards

Irene
    Excellent service Irene. We found the same with Cunard. Only discovered after booking with Fred Olson that they dont supply their own transport. Having to change at Victoria (London) definitely not for us.

However, am going to try the Barnsley office. Not far from us in Wakey!

Patty

Train from Leeds (0811) or Wakefield (0823) would get you into Southampton at 1317. Change at Derby rather than Birmingham as it may be the same platform.
    See Cross Country trains
    http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/...ember_2010.pdf
    Brian
    That sounds a far better route than via Birmingham. Many tks Ingle - will be looking into this especially as it is more direct. Kind regards

Patty

Found this on the Fred. Olsen website.

Travelling by Coach - Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Found this on the Fred. Olsen website.

Travelling by Coach - Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
    Many thanks. Will also enquire thru them. Regards

Patty