Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Insurance for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions - A Compilation

Hi,

I am hoping this list will help others. I renewed our Annual travel insurance this year - in great haste & paid way over the 'odds'. Since then, I have read many recommendations for Insurance Companies on this Forum & in various 'threads'. I have kept a note of most of them, to check out, when ours is due for renewal.

So, I thought I would type them here, so they will all be in the same place, if others need the info.

Recommendations made by others on this forum are:

staysure.co.uk
    allcleartravel.co.uk
    free-spirit.com
    travelbility.co.uk
    travelinsured.co.uk ( Incorporates Manor Insurance)
    getmy.com
    globelink.co.uk
    Karmaininsurance.com
    miaonline.co.uk
    columbusdirect.co.uk
    deltainsurance.co.uk
    intunegroup.co.uk

Clearly, I don't know how good their premiums are, haven't checked yet. But thought it might help others to see 'Insurers' recommended by other cruisers, in one place on this site.

Regards, Lizzie.

Images
    Hi,

I used intunegroup.co.uk this year for my annual insurance (my partner has a pre-existing medical condition). They were very helpful and reasonable priced. They provide insurance for the over 50's and have no upper age limit. All the profits go to Age Concern.

I also use Intune, who is really Liverpool Victoria who have been around for years. I found them very reasonable even with existing medical conditions for myself and DH.

Images
    You missed out manor insurance which was also recommended on this site....they found us a really good deal with Fortis ...annual worldwide with pre existing conditions both over 60 for 117 pounds!!!!!

The Daily Telegraph referred to World First www.world-first.co.uk as " it has become something of a saviour for older people with stable,controlled medical conditions seeking travel Insurance.What sets it apaart is its in depth risk analysis approach to medical secreening .. done by an in houseteam of 5 - this enables the insurer to give more competitive quotes"

Single trip up to 62 days - age limit presently 79 but company hopes to raise this to 99.

No I do not work for either ( telegraph or insurer ) of them !!

Columbus direct were very good with price and taking into account previous illness and age and were efficient.
    Arthurt

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    The Daily Telegraph referred to World First www.world-first.co.uk as " it has become something of a saviour for older people with stable,controlled medical conditions seeking travel Insurance.What sets it apaart is its in depth risk analysis approach to medical secreening .. done by an in houseteam of 5 - this enables the insurer to give more competitive quotes"

Single trip up to 62 days - age limit presently 79 but company hopes to raise this to 99.

No I do not work for either ( telegraph or insurer ) of them !!
    Thank you for posting this information. This company sounds quite interesting but of course it rather depends on what premium they charged!!! Was is in the low hundreds? I realise every existing condition carries a different premium but equally am hopeful that they might be realistic with their prices!

I can generally get a semi reasonably priced policy but do rather object to paying approximately double the the standard premium because of a pre existing condition, which is then specifically excluded from the cover!!!!

I wonder if people who have had a heart attack have a similar problem? I also wonder if the cruise lines are aware that this situation exists where cover is specifically excluded from the policy!!!

Images

A popular subject!

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    You missed out manor insurance which was also recommended on this site....they found us a really good deal with Fortis ...annual worldwide with pre existing conditions both over 60 for 117 pounds!!!!!
    Hi Morris, didn't miss them out, they are in my list above, but as part of travelinsured.co.uk. No matter,I am bound to have missed some!!

Interesting that I only posted this last night & this thread has already had over 800+ views, clearly a subject of interest to cruisers on here.

I think the reason some 'rave' about one Company, that another gets an astronomical quote from, depends on the exact nature of the condition/s + age!

Regards, Lizzie.

;)Hi Lizzie
    I use Age Concern's own insurance for my annual travel insurance. It seems that they charge a lower premium for pre existing conditions than others but recover their costs when a claim is made by having a larger amount that you first have to pay for the claim. This seems fairer to me as if you do have to make a claim - you pay a bit more but if you don't claim you get away with a lower premium. Hope this helps. Oh! And they have a higher age limit for annual insurance than most.

To be more specific Columbus Direct gave me the best quote and at my request printed the acceptance of 'previous condition' on the papers. Although I could answer 'NO' to the questions normally asked about the after or contiuing effect of say having a heart attack they still either switched off or seriously increased the charge. To cover 14 days I was charged just under 140 for the pair of us, the nearest more known isurers were appro. double this.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast