Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Budgie the drinks on Celebrity may seem expensive but the spirits are free flow. so you are getting at least a double. we don't drink a lot so the drinks package would be useless for us. when you buy drinks, spa treatments there is a 15% service charge but you just don't think about it, it is part and parcel of an American ship. the service, food etc makes up for it.

have a look at Celebrity's site to find out the package that suits you and your pocket. Beverage Packages if you think that you will drink enough then book one. why don't you PM Bill Blyth, Dundee as he has written several Celebrity blogs, drinks prices included. he is a mine of information on Celebrity.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

When the Eclipse is sailing out of Southampton the 15% is included in the price on your receipt, not shown as a compulsory extra. They do however kindly have sections where you can add an extra tip if you feel so inclined. I do believe that because the tip is included in the price a lot of cruisers did not realise this fact and added extra thinking it was just the standard tip, the bar waiters and sommeliers loved the system!!

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    When you buy a drinks package in the UK the price you see on their website is not what you eventually get billed, it is plus the 15 % which to my mind is not made clear when you book one.

Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
    Eclipse 12/05
    Queen Victoria 24/03
    Eclipse 12/05
    Oceania Riveria 13/08
    Eclipse 29/09
    Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
    Eclipse 11/05
    Eclipse 06/07
    Eclipse 31/08
    Eclipse 20/10

15% on or included in the bar bill is supposed to raise extra income for the cruise line. However it backfires with us as we reduce our bar purchases or don't buy at all.
    Iced water is free at dinner. Fruit squash is free at least at the buffet lunch. There is tea and coffee available all day, so why would I need anything from the bar, particularly as I can take or leave alcohol and still enjoy myself?

so would it be cheaper to buy the drinks package on board then

Not sure about that.We buy them online from their website before we go.Mainly because saves our OBC for other uses.Last year from Barcelona on the Solstice they were advertising 10% off in the terminal building before embarkation but that may have been a one off.

Images
    People are trying to read far too much into the cost of these packages.

The price is the same whether you prepay or pay onboard.

You pay 15% on single drinks or on the package as a whole.

The confusion Ray, is that on Eclipse when it sails from the UK they increase the cost of the drinks by 15% to cover the gratuities so that nothing extra shows on the bill.

This seems to go some way to satisfying/fooling/kidding many new cruisers into believing they are not being charged a further 15%.

I hope I have not confused the issue even more..........Wilba

Wilba

Images
    Not sure about that.We buy them online from their website before we go.Mainly because saves our OBC for other uses.Last year from Barcelona on the Solstice they were advertising 10% off in the terminal building before embarkation but that may have been a one off.
    These deals are certainly not the norm Mike.

Probably occasionally is more the case than a one off..........Wilba

Wilba

People are trying to read far too much into the cost of these packages.

The price is the same whether you prepay or pay onboard.

You pay 15% on single drinks or on the package as a whole.

The confusion Ray, is that on Eclipse when it sails from the UK they increase the cost of the drinks by 15% to cover the gratuities so that nothing extra shows on the bill.

This seems to go some way to satisfying/fooling/kidding many new cruisers into believing they are not being charged a further 15%.

I hope I have not confused the issue even more..........Wilba
    Many thanks to all of you for your replies

Thats the 29Sep cruise booked now :-) , but I am still not sure if we would comsume £1100 (circa) of drinks in two weeks.
    But then again I think of all the coffee/tea/soft drinks etc and all the other drinks of the "falling down" variety we would have the choice of . Decisions, decisions,. We are not huge drinkers but we do like a bit extra on holiday thats for sure.
    Anyone else got this dilemma ??.
    Cheers

Thats the 29Sep cruise booked now :-) , but I am still not sure if we would comsume £1100 (circa) of drinks in two weeks.
    But then again I think of all the coffee/tea/soft drinks etc and all the other drinks of the "falling down" variety we would have the choice of . Decisions, decisions,. We are not huge drinkers but we do like a bit extra on holiday thats for sure.
    Anyone else got this dilemma ??.
    Cheers
    No, we drink a little more than at home - our last 2 week cruise drink bill came to just under £80 mostly for dinner wine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast