Topic: La Luna

La Luna

I am a little confused!!

Just received booklet from OV with information about our cruise next month.

Booklet states La Luna is £ 10 per person cover charge, but when you look at the menus (on OV website) many items in La Luna have a surcharge. Is this correct - £ 10 to eat in there, AND a surcharge on may items.

Images
    When we were on OV2 (History,now..) we had previously taken into account
    the possibility of using La Luna -or the other one..
    but once we got on board, it never even occurred to us! ;)

Ocean Village food is good -cooked by Indian blokes who know their stuff!

We did do La Luna one lunchtime, simply for the Pizza
    -only way to get pizza on board-
    but didn't have to pay any extra -not at lunchtime.

By and large, I don't think you'll need it, but you might want the wait-staff thing.
    I dunno.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I am a little confused!!

Booklet states La Luna is £ 10 per person cover charge, but when you look at the menus (on OV website) many items in La Luna have a surcharge. Is this correct - £ 10 to eat in there, AND a surcharge on may items.
    Yes that is correct however I have sailed on OV six times and only once used an alternative restaurant. The food in the buffet is more than good enough.
    Dont let it worry you, when you are on ship you can then decide wether or not it is something to want to do and you can also decide if you think the extra is worth while.
    Enjoy the cruise as Im sure you will.

Images
    I am a little confused!!

We didn't bother with La Luna but tried the Bistro which was not worth the extra. We thought that the atmosphere was far nicer in the Plantation restaurant.

I am a little confused!!

No - the following is a quote from the bottom of the menu and is also MY experience on board - "The price for a three course meal is £4.75. Some dishes have a supplement in addition to this which is detailed next to the dish.
    Cover charges will not apply for children (under 12s) on tables reserved before 6.45pm".
    So the basic charge for La Luna is £4.75 in the evening. If you have 'Surf and Turf' there is an extra charge of £7.50, on top of the basic charge of £4.75. You can have for example: Sauteed jumbo Shrimp, Chicken Sizzler and Lemon Torte for the £4.75. Well worth it as their food is Fab and piled high on the plate !! You also can eat under the stars on deck. Enjoy !!

Slave to the Deal

No - the following is a quote from the bottom of the menu and is also MY experience on board - "The price for a three course meal is £4.75. Some dishes have a supplement in addition to this which is detailed next to the dish.
    Cover charges will not apply for children (under 12s) on tables reserved before 6.45pm".
    So the basic charge for La Luna is £4.75 in the evening. If you have 'Surf and Turf' there is an extra charge of £7.50, on top of the basic charge of £4.75. You can have for example: Sauteed jumbo Shrimp, Chicken Sizzler and Lemon Torte for the £4.75. Well worth it as their food is Fab and piled high on the plate !! You also can eat under the stars on deck. Enjoy !!
    Sorry you are quite right in as much as the menu shows £4.75 cover charge - what I was saying yes to was the fact there is a surcharge on certain dishes on top of the surcharge. Not sure where Cruisenews is reading that a £10 cover charge applies.

We loved the La Luna, used it a few times in the day for lunch, pizza is free and a few times at night, the surcharge covers more expensive items such as surf and turf etc. Lovely restaturant and staff, especially sitting under the stars, preferred it when in the Caribbean to the Med though

P&O Oceana - Canary Islands - 2 wks 02/03/13
    P&O Ventura - Mediterranean cruise - 2 wks 29/04/11
    Ocean Village - Tapas and Tavernas - October 2007 - 1wk
    Ocean Village - Caribbean - April 2006 - 2wks
    Island Escape - Med - October 2004 - 1wk

Images
    Hi

Yes the cover charge is £4.75, a large fillet steak or a mixed grill costs anoth £7.50 or so but on a lot of nights you also get a free large glass of house red or white wine thrown in which can save you around £4

There are plenty of options without a surcharge so that you don't have to pay anything extra. We use La Luna once a week onboard OV as a treat and so we can have a decent fillet steak. The surcharge is well worth it for the waiter service, the quiet atmosphere and the speciality breads and olives.

As has been said at lunch time it is free apart from the take away fish & chips which from my info from our last cruise were charged at £2.50 but comfortably did the pair of us.

Shelley

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.