Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: cabin noise

cabin noise

can you tell me if there would be any bad cabin noise,from the cabins on either side?

i have also heard that first time cruisers sometimes get an automatic upgrade to a better cabin,would this be true.

thankyou

mike

To answer your first part, never heard any noise on cruises I have been on.
    To answer your second part, if you believe in fairies, then yes
    Brian

Images
    We have never experienced any cabin noise but we have been upgraded a couple of times- there is an upgrade fairy but it is just pot luck if she/he visits you.

Jill

Never had an issue with noise from either size, but then we haven't been upgraded either...

Only had cabin noise on one side once. Complained to reception and, much to my surprise I must say, it was sorted.

Upgrades - just 'luck'. However, remember that even if you upgrade to a higher class of cabin, you are often no better off as it may be in a location you do not like, etc.

Images
    Cabin noise depends on the ship, cabin location (deck) and your neighbours. On most modern ships engine noise is NOT a problem.

Upgrades seem more likely if you book well in advance. Curiously cabins on higher decks often cost more but may be identical to cabins on lower decks, so an upgrade may not make much difference in reality (unless you jump from inside to window or window the balcony).

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 17th April 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Only had cabin noise on one side once. Complained to reception and, much to my surprise I must say, it was sorted.

Upgrades - just 'luck'. However, remember that even if you upgrade to a higher class of cabin, you are often no better off as it may be in a location you do not like, etc.
    There's often an option on your booking to accept upgrades if offered... This time as we're travelling with family, we ticked the 'no' box, as we didn't want 1 couple upgraded to the other end of the ship without the other...

Images
    Only had cabin noise when i have had a free upgrade

Pick your cabin and stick to it

Actually the only people I have ever heard of having a true upgrade (not from a guarantee booking) but a proper upgrade is first time cruisers: From an outside to a Balcony and they've been totally hooked ever since and loyal to that line (P&O). So good marketing ploy.

Images
    Only once have we had a noise problem.
    That was on Ventura. You couldnt go out on the balcony and not hear the next 4 leaning over and shouting to their friends and neighbours.
    Didn't stop there either.
    There was a plug socket just behind our heads in bed!!!
    We could hear everything that was going on in the next cabin through that honest!!!

*Carol M*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast