RNLI/Classic FM/Fred Olsen

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is a Major Sponsor of the RNLI's 2011 'Thank You' Awareness Campaign - Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
    I see that Fred Olsen is part of RNLI's awareness campaign by offering free cruises for listeners of Classic FM who nominate their favourite maritime tunes for a compilation cd to raise money for RNLI.
    Need to listen out for this and put your favorite sea shanty forward. What would you nominate or are you keeping quiet so that you can win a cruise?:D

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Sorry, I meant to say that mine would be the theme music from "The Onedin Line".

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Images
    As I am a Spinners fan (the folk group), I am spoilt for choice. However, I think I would choose Ellan Vannin.

YouTube - Ellan Vannin - The Spinners

Jill

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    As I am a Spinners fan (the folk group), I am spoilt for choice. However, I think I would choose Ellan Vannin.

YouTube - Ellan Vannin - The Spinners
    I have never heard that song before but it is very moving - it would be a great nomination.
    Tig

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

Images
    I have never heard that song before but it is very moving - it would be a great nomination.
    Tig
    Trouble is Tig, I don't listen to ClassicFM.

Jill

Images
    OH my goodness, name from the past. I used to go and listen to the Spinners in the round. I loved them.

Images
    OH my goodness, name from the past. I used to go and listen to the Spinners in the round. I loved them.
    I saw them a few times when they came south on tour.

I still play thier music. My kids learned to love them too, as we always played their tapes (no CDs back then) when on long journeys.

Jill

If its sea shanties you are after I would start with Heart of Oak and perhaps Dance to your Daddy. That reminds me I intended to buy the CD, "Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends."