places to eat in Venice

Cruising to Venice in 3 weeks. Staying before hand for 2 nights. Can anybody recommend any eating places there. In a bit of a quandary really as i am not keen on Italian food. Don't like pastas, (don't mind lasanga though ) or sea food, or pizzas, but love fish. I will try the pastas if pushed but never the seafood. O dear, i sound like one of those English who won't try anything new. I will, really.

We were in Venice overnight this year on Azura - we ate at Al Bacco Felice - it was very reasonable and the food was good - we ate pizza which was amazing - the prices were excellent for Venice in fact better value for money than any pizza hut. Don't be put off by the pizza menu they have an extensive menu and on doing a google search I read a good review of their fish risotto link here Al Bacco Felice Restaurant Reviews, Venice, Italy - TripAdvisor
    Just want to add that Pizza in Italy is not like Pizza anywhere else in the world you really should try it.

Ristorante Al Bacco Felice
    Colle degli Amai 197/E, 30135 Venezia, Italy
    +39 041 528 7794 ‎

Last edited by Carolann, Havant Hampshire; 23rd September 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Just want to add that Pizza in Italy is not like Pizza anywhere else in the world you really should try it.
    Yes I agree with this, I often have wondered why that should be, I think they have much less topping than we seem to expect in the UK, a case of less is more perhaps. The base also has a lovely flavour, wide around the circumference of the pizza and slightly burnt. One of the reasons we love Italy so much
    Mike

thanks so much Carolann, I would probly try the pizza's but the fish risotto sounds delish

italy 047.jpg
    We were in Venice a couple of weeks ago.
    We went in this cake shop. The cakes were so lovely I took the picture so I would remember it for next time. The vanilla donuts (called crema) were the best I have ever tried.
    They sell good coffee too. Although the shop is small you can stand in and drink it (no tables) or buy it to take out. A lot of locals seem to go in there . That is usually a good sign I think.
    I can't describe exactly where it is but it is in the main shopping streets near the Rialto area and we passed it seveal times while wandering around. More detail is available on google maps. It is called the Rizzardini Pasticerria
    Its well worth a try if you have a sweet tooth and it was reasonably priced for Venice.
    Chrissie

thank you so much for your replies pumpwater and Chrissie. The cake shop sounds interesting for a mid afternoon snack, and i love doughnuts. I'll find it.