Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Royal Caribbean has announced a new weekly charter flight from Stansted to Venice

Good news for the 6.7 million would-be cruisers in Stansted Airport's catchment area of north and east London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk:

Royal Caribbean has announced a new weekly charter flight from Stansted to Venice.

The service will be operated by British Airways and connect to 12 seven-night Adriatic cruises this summer on the 3,114-passenger, 137,308-ton Voyager of the Seas.

Stansted is considered by many to be the poor relation of London's airports, associated more with low-cost Ryanair flights to unpronounceable East European destinations. Prior to this new charter, Royal Caribbean passengers in the London area could only choose between Gatwick and Heathrow, both of which are a long trek for anybody living in the east of the country.

The only other line to offer charters from Stansted to join Mediterranean cruises is Thomson; in the south of England, all the other big lines only use Heathrow and Gatwick

]

Thats good news for me,only 20 mins down the road.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Thats good news for me,only 20 mins down the road.
    40 minutes for me Mollymop

The other good thing is that Ryanair users this Airport so Northern cruisers may be able to fly into here instead of catching the train or Coach.

]

The other good thing is that Ryanair users this Airport so Northern cruisers may be able to fly into here instead of catching the train or Coach.
    And what about your good friends accross the Irish Sea - we could too! Only issue is that it probably goes out first thing in the am and back late in the pm necessitating 2 o/nights in STN! Flying direct may be no more expensive - not to mention Ryanair , luggage and hidden charges!

And what about your good friends accross the Irish Sea - we could too! Only issue is that it probably goes out first thing in the am and back late in the pm necessitating 2 o/nights in STN! Flying direct may be no more expensive - not to mention Ryanair , luggage and hidden charges!
    Tomvet, with only a couple of hotels at Stansted prices are never very cheap for overnight stays.
    Trish

]

This always makes me laugh.

Makes very little difference to us whether it's Stanstead or Heathrow or.....

But still, the more options the better...

Tuggy, thanks for this! I just love it. Great cruise ship entertainment!!!!!
    Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast