shuttles in venice

Ahoy there Cruisers
    It will be the first time on RCI Voyager of the Seas Cruising on 8th October where in Venice do we dock or do they shuttle you to St Marks Square and of course everything has a price what is theirs. Thank You

I has the same question on behalf of a friend who is travelling with Princess Cruises in June - does anybody know if the the ship docks at the main terminal which I gather (sorry haven't been before), is on 'dry land'. I have heard that the water taxis are fun but expensive - can anybody confim this - Many thanks

Cruise ships dock at the Bacino Stazione Marittima (look on Google maps) which is on the north west corner of Venice not far from Piazzale Roma. The best way to get around Venice is to buy a 12hr ticket for the Waterbus (Vaporetto) which costs 16 and allows unlimited travel including the islands like Murano. There is a new people mover from the dock area to Piazzale Roma which costs 1 each way or some cruiselines run a shuttlebus to Piazzale Roma. Water taxis are very expensive. Some cruiselines run dedicated waterbuses from the dock to St Marks square but these do not go down the Grand Canal.
    Brian

Brian - many thanks for the very importative info - I will pass this on to my friend.

Thank you for replying the information will be of a great help and will be a lot cheaper than going on a trip with cruise line .once again many thanks

Hello
    We were in Venice last year and the main dock is only a couple of minutes away from the main bus terminal, Venice is really easy to walk around and well signposted, the 12 hour waterbus ticket is the best value.
    Mike