Venice Regatta

Just received a letter from TA regarding our cruise on Celebrity Eclipse on 27th August .
    The itinerary has been changed so the sail out of Venice 7.00pm instead of 4.00pm because of the Venice Regatta.

This means that Dubrovnic has been changed to Split

I was looking forward to Dubrovnic but would be interested in comments regarding this change.

We have been to both ports twice now and would rate them as about equal, but would just rate Split over Dubrovnik. It depends on what you like to do. If you were looking forward to walking the walls in Dubrovnik, then you will be disappointed. If you book a trip there are equally good trips available from both ports.
    If you like wandering around ports, then Split is lovely. There is a very nice promenade and a very good market to look around. It is better than Dubrovnik for that.

It really does depend on what you like to do. We like to wander. Oh and you can get the most amazing ice cream in Split! lol

Split is a tender port. I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Val

Last edited by Mrsb, Essex; 11th November 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Unhappy

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Just received a letter from TA regarding our cruise on Celebrity Eclipse on 27th August .
    The itinerary has been changed so the sail out of Venice 7.00pm instead of 4.00pm because of the Venice Regatta.

This means that Dubrovnic has been changed to Split

I was looking forward to Dubrovnic but would be interested in comments regarding this change.
    We are on same cruise and are also disappointed at missing Dubrovnik.Going to Split means using tender and reports from other cruisers using tenders on Eclipse it was taken up to 3 hours to get ashore. This will be second time in 3 cruises that we have been with them that they have altered the itinerary,we were suppose to have gone to Amsterdam but ended up in Rotterdam 70 miles away earlier this year. Do Celebrity often do this or are we just unlucky?

Oh well

Didnt know Split was a tender port and TA didnt say!

SWMBO is going for a knee replcement in Feb and I dont know if she will want to attempt a tender!

But thanks for the replies

Homer

Images
    I think you are luck to be in Venice at regatta time, it should be fantastic.

Hope you enjoy Split.

Helen

the keeper of Sophie (who snores), the cat and Tallulah and Loobylu, the kitties

Talking

Oh well

Didnt know Split was a tender port and TA didnt say!

SWMBO is going for a knee replcement in Feb and I dont know if she will want to attempt a tender!

But thanks for the replies

Homer
    My wife uses a wheelchair that's why we try to pick itinerary with no tenders but hopefully they will be as helpful as other ships we have tendered on.:D

Yes Its too early to worry about Split at present.

Lets get Christmas out of the way first! (my wifes words of wisdom on hearing the news)

Images

This means that Dubrovnik has been changed to Split

I was looking forward to Dubrovnik but would be interested in comments regarding this change.
    Hi homer.
    I can't get my head around some of these port changes sometimes.
    If its only leaving Venice 3hrs late,why cant she speed up and make up most of the time.Even if it means losing an hour or two in Dubrovnic.After all you are only in Split from 09:00-16:00 + if you are last on the tender its not much time anyway.
    I would imagine its cost reasons (fuel) rather than distance.
    I have been to both Split + Dubrovnik,and its Dubrovnik every time for me.If you have never been to Dubrovnik before i would be disappointed.
    JC