Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Really do not worry, the queues were no worse than any other ship I have been on and you will always get a minority of rude people, don't let it bother you, I know you will have a great time and try the Pyramid lounge in the evening's the resident group 'ROCK THE BOAT' are the best I have seen on any cruise line so far - ENJOY !!! -
    Yes agreed, Rock the Boat were just fantastic, especially coming back through the Bay of Biscay

Don't know if he was on your cruise, but the Elton John Tribute act was brilliant too.

Yes he was, we had seen him before, but worth seeing again :-)
    Yes agreed, Rock the Boat were just fantastic, especially coming back through the Bay of Biscay

Don't know if he was on your cruise, but the Elton John Tribute act was brilliant too.

Reference your last paragraph which relates to the Elderly People doing the complaining: May I suggest that you don't know any better than to accept whatever is thrown at you!!
    Whereas we do know what to expect, we gained the experience by partaking in many cruises, with lots of different cruise lines, when you achieve this then you will have gained the right to make such comments.

Not sure if this is meant for me or not? I am also a pensioner and have done many cruises, and I must say that most of the complaining we heard was unfortunately from our age group - I am sure you were not among them but as you pointed out, everyone has a right to their opinion .
    Reference your last paragraph which relates to the Elderly People doing the complaining: May I suggest that you don't know any better than to accept whatever is thrown at you!!
    Whereas we do know what to expect, we gained the experience by partaking in many cruises, with lots of different cruise lines, when you achieve this then you will have gained the right to make such comments.

Not sure if this is meant for me or not? I am also a pensioner and have done many cruises, and I must say that most of the complaining we heard was unfortunately from our age group - I am sure you were not among them but as you pointed out, everyone has a right to their opinion .
    Thanks Pfizzy - couldn't agree more. (I think it might have been aimed at me, but your point absolutely applies too)

Having said that there are some lovely, well mannered, down to earth, elderly people too, without chips on their shoulders and we have had the good fortune to spend time in their company on our cruises too; you might have even been one of them.

Images
    Brian,

I have to disagree. I've completed many cruises over the years and I must say that in the main the people doing the moaning are generally over 60. The same age group are also rude to staff and appear to have left their manners at home.

I don't intend this to be contentious in anyway, it is my opinion based on my experience. It may differ to yours, but it does not mean I am wrong and you are right.

Vinny

We did meet some people from Hampshire, of course with nearly 4000 people on board I suppose we were bound to!! :-))
    Thanks Pfizzy - couldn't agree more. (I think it might have been aimed at me, but your point absolutely applies too)

Having said that there are some lovely, well mannered, down to earth, elderly people too, without chips on their shoulders and we have had the good fortune to spend time in their company on our cruises too; you might have even been one of them.

Images
    Now who's making a sweeping statement!

I'm not a pensioner, I've been on many cruises but only two cruiselines and I don't, in life, accept 'anything thrown at me'.

I can only go by my father who over a few years evolved from a courteous perfect gentleman to a man who complained/made unnecessary comments about many things, primarily because he had nothing else to do. It became a habit. I have seen it happen in a few folk as they get older. They don't mean it but don't know they're doing it.
    I'm not for one moment saying this happens to ALL elderly people...but I have seen it happen and they don't care who hears them! Thank goodness it doesn't happen to all folk.
    Maybe that's what happened here.

Last edited by Mrs M; 12th April 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Now you've scared me, I can feel myself getting more intolerant as the hours go by :-)) I can only hope that my children watch out for the moment when I start complaining too loudly and have a reel of duck tape handy !! :-)))
    Now who's making a sweeping statement!

I'm not a pensioner, I've been on many cruises but only two cruiselines and I don't, in life, accept 'anything thrown at me'.

I can only go by my father who over a few years evolved from a courteous perfect gentleman to a man who complained/made unnecessary comments about many things, primarily because he had nothing else to do. It became a habit. I have seen it happen in a few folk as they get older. They don't mean it but don't know they're doing it.
    I'm not for one moment saying this happens to ALL elderly people...but it does happen and they don't care who hears them!
    Maybe that's what happened here.

Images
    Now you've scared me, I can feel myself getting more intolerant as the hours go by :-)) I can only hope that my children watch out for the moment when I start complaining too loudly and have a reel of duck tape handy !! :-)))
    You and me both...I joined the G.O.W.'s well before my time.
    I just do it quietly and to my contemporary G.O.W.'s.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast