Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Quiz Time Again - Friday 21st October

Hello to you all.............and very special thanks to all those that said such complimentary things about the quiz on a couple of other threads recently - I appreciate your support as much as I enjoy everyone joining in and having a little fun.

That does not mean that I am going to make the quiz any easier!

Tonights offering will start on this thread at 8.30pm and, as usual, the door will be wide open and the welcome mat out for everybody.
    If you have not played before - just try it - you might like it. ......but do not believe Wilba!

There are no prizes - no free cruises on offer -just a lot of banter and friendly rivalry.

The rules are few..........I am always right - even if proven wrong
    First back with the answer that matches mine - gets the point
    There will be no kicking, fighting or arguing

The questions will be posted in bold type.
    To keep up with the questions and answers - refresh the page by pressing F5

Most important of all - join in. Nobody cares if the answer is wrong or mis-spelt (providing it is obvious what you meant!).

Hope to chat with you all later.............I'm now off to a boring meeting..........

I'm getting quite good at doodling

Images
    Could you start about 10 please ?

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015

Trace Guest
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hello to you all.............and very special thanks to all those that said such complimentary things about the quiz on a couple of other threads recently - I appreciate your support as much as I enjoy everyone joining in and having a little fun.

That does not mean that I am going to make the quiz any easier!

Tonights offering will start on this thread at 8.30pm and, as usual, the door will be wide open and the welcome mat out for everybody.
    If you have not played before - just try it - you might like it. ......but do not believe Wilba!

There are no prizes - no free cruises on offer -just a lot of banter and friendly rivalry.

The rules are few..........I am always right - even if proven wrong
    First back with the answer that matches mine - gets the point
    There will be no kicking, fighting or arguing

The questions will be posted in bold type.
    To keep up with the questions and answers - refresh the page by pressing F5

Most important of all - join in. Nobody cares if the answer is wrong or mis-spelt (providing it is obvious what you meant!).

Hope to chat with you all later.............I'm now off to a boring meeting..........

I'm getting quite good at doodling
    Hope to be playing, am aiming to get at least one question right tonight, tho I doubt I will. Maybe you could just give me half a point for having a go?

I guess someone has to come last

I'll try and pop in too. This time last week I was planning an early night ready for my mini cruise the next morning - seems ages ago now!

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    I'll try and pop in too. This time last week I was planning an early night ready for my mini cruise the next morning - seems ages ago now!
    Hi Sue - how did the mini cruise go? Must admit I am tempted to try a mini cruise or two - just to get the feel of a ship before I commit to a longer cruise.
    I like the idea of 'Try Before You Buy' - perhaps we can persuade the cruise companies to give us free tasters............sorry - getting carried away. There is a big Food Festival on at Dartmouth at the moment were you can sample the local produce and drink before you buy....there are thousands attending!

Hi Sue - how did the mini cruise go? Must admit I am tempted to try a mini cruise or two - just to get the feel of a ship before I commit to a longer cruise.
    I like the idea of 'Try Before You Buy' - perhaps we can persuade the cruise companies to give us free tasters............sorry - getting carried away. There is a big Food Festival on at Dartmouth at the moment were you can sample the local produce and drink before you buy....there are thousands attending!
    Hi Sandie

Mini cruise was great although a little too short. We do lots of little cruises but this is the first time we had done just 2 nights and it was really odd unpacking on the first night knowing we'd be packing again the same time tomorrow. We threw ourselves into everything to make the most of it and feel as though we did as much as possible, although it wasn't too relaxing because you felt you didn't want to waste any time. We also met up with Carol from Welyn Garden City and her OH a few times - I'm gradually meeting more folk from the forum!

We're off again on Arcadia for 3 nights on 9 December. Great deals out there at the moment at £299 for a balcony cabin on a guarantee basis, which is good for a mini cruise which usually has a higher rate per day than longer trips. Why don't you join us?

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    Hi Sandie

Mini cruise was great although a little too short. We do lots of little cruises but this is the first time we had done just 2 nights and it was really odd unpacking on the first night knowing we'd be packing again the same time tomorrow. We threw ourselves into everything to make the most of it and feel as though we did as much as possible, although it wasn't too relaxing because you felt you didn't want to waste any time. We also met up with Carol from Welyn Garden City and her OH a few times - I'm gradually meeting more folk from the forum!

We're off again on Arcadia for 3 nights on 9 December. Great deals out there at the moment at £299 for a balcony cabin on a guarantee basis, which is good for a mini cruise which usually has a higher rate per day than longer trips. Why don't you join us?
    Oh - if only but, for various reasons - winter cruising is no longer an option...........but - for other reasons -I may have the opportunity to escape in Spring and summer next year........something that I have not been able to do for the last 28 years!! Whooooo - fingers crossed

Images
    Hope to be playing, am aiming to get at least one question right tonight, tho I doubt I will. Maybe you could just give me half a point for having a go?

I guess someone has to come last
    We don't have last place...............we have lots of runner's up!

Images
    Hi Sandie,

Another 'runner - up' here!! Will be joining you complete with my usual slow/dodgy computer!

Lizzie

Trace Guest
    I'm ready all ready, do I get a point for being early?

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast