Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Southampton Port Parking

Hello Everyone - I'm sailing on the QE on the 28th October for the Holy Land cruise but unfortunately did not get a 'free' slot this time. I have been quoted £173 for the duration within the Port. Anybody have any ideas, know of any promotions etc where it is more economical?

Very grateful for your response.

Train takes around 1 hour 40 mins @ £28 pp return

Try the parkatmyhouse website. Ive used it beforewhen going to london. Can work out a lot cheaper and its safe. Just google it

Thanks Dazzer saw that and good to know that it is reliable

I've just returned from a 16 night cruise and a couple we got chatting to used parkatmyhouse website ...they thought it was perfect as the owner of the house took them to the Port and brought them back. I think it would be worth a look at this site.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Try the parkatmyhouse website. Ive used it beforewhen going to london. Can work out a lot cheaper and its safe. Just google it
    We used this service at Southamton last week, the owner of the house where we parked also provided transfers to and from the port. The car was parked on an enclosed drive, I would use them again.

Thanks Soulhound

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hello Everyone - I'm sailing on the QE on the 28th October for the Holy Land cruise but unfortunately did not get a 'free' slot this time. I have been quoted £173 for the duration within the Port. Anybody have any ideas, know of any promotions etc where it is more economical?

Very grateful for your response.
    hi jimmy mac, i know you have been on your cruise at this time, but i have only just joined the forum, and having a browse through, i saw your post.in relation to your post jimmy, i can tell you in addition to the advice you have already been given is something i do. for a few quid less than your quote for the free-standing, a.b.p. car park, i go to southampton,the night before the cruise, and stay at the JURIES INN HOTEL. for approx£155-£160.you get a room for the night ( as can be visited via the juries inn, web site) a superb breakfast from the help yourself buffet, that lasts till about10.30-11-am, free car parking in a secure underground car park, for the duration of your cruise, and in addition to this,the JURIES INN, will provide for you,FREE on request, a taxi from the hotel to the ship, at a a time suitable for you. the only stipulation with this(not stringent) the reception, kindly asks guests who wish to use the free taxi service to the ship, to pre-book the taxi the night before.if you are unfamiliar, with the hotel i refer to jimmy, from your hotel room you should be able to see the ship, you are cruising with, on the morning of your cruise,at her berth. e.t.a. from hotel to ship is approx 5 minutes, i hope this info is of assistance to you jimmy, or indeed any other cruiser,for future reference. kind regards, and happy cruising....michael.

Hi and welcome Michael. We had the same package as yourself from the Dolphin Mercure Hotel on the High Street. The parking with them was for 12 days and we had a lovely breakfast and free taxi £95 all in. Great deal and I know many people used this package when we cruised.
    Trish

wow!that sounds good trish,i wonder how it works if you are on a longer cruise?irrespective trish i will try and get quoted for the dolphin mercure, many thanks for sharing that info with me trish i will let my good lady know about the dolphin mercure. i will just see if i can get it up on screen trish, will get back to you on it.kind regards .....michael.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast