Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Norovirus on the iots

Just heard that the IOTS is sailing back to Southampton with the Norovirus. Passengers sailing out on the 24th Feb are being told that their boarding will be delayed while they do a deep clean to try to eradicate the virus. The good thing is that they do take these things very seriously and will do their utmost to eradicate it.

I go on it in April and its good to know they take it seriously.

Cruising in April too..(hi Karen..we've paid now..lol everything hectic with us last few months..meant to reply) I have an immense supply of anti-bacterial wipes, tissues and handy gel and even gloves!! to take on board with me..My room will be getting a de-bug as soon as I get on board..You can only be as prepared as it's possible to be..and hope all staff will be maintaining scrupulous hand hygiene handling food etc.. It's that time of year..our local hospital has many wards closed at the moment.
    Anyway, fingers crossed all will be ok for our cruise!!

I have relatives aboard her at the moment. Apparently more than 1000 passengers have it, the buffet has been closed since Monday, and two people have died (though it's unconfirmed whether it's due to lack of food). Take care people. Dixie x x x

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I have relatives aboard her at the moment. Apparently more than 1000 passengers have it, the buffet has been closed since Monday, and two people have died (though it's unconfirmed whether it's due to lack of food). Take care people. Dixie x x x
    OMG!! Really???

Cruising in April too..(hi Karen..we've paid now..lol everything hectic with us last few months..meant to reply) I have an immense supply of anti-bacterial wipes, tissues and handy gel and even gloves!! to take on board with me..My room will be getting a de-bug as soon as I get on board..You can only be as prepared as it's possible to be..and hope all staff will be maintaining scrupulous hand hygiene handling food etc.. It's that time of year..our local hospital has many wards closed at the moment.
    Anyway, fingers crossed all will be ok for our cruise!!
    Look forward to catching up!, come and debug my cabin xx

I am worried now as my son and daughter in law are onboard along with my grandchildren aged 6 and 4. I do hope they don't get it, or if they do, then it's only a mild dose. Our local hospital has wards closed at the moment and the local paper is asking people not to visit unless absolutely necessary.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed x x

Please all remember alcohol gel is NOT effective against norovirus. Handwashing with hot water and soap is the best protection.

Oh great and we're sailing on it soon. This could be my first and last cruise. Sounds like a bundle of laughs.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast