R.C.I Upgrades Fleet.

The line announced today that it will be spending $300 million over the next three years to upgrade nearly its entire fleet, bringing such enhancements as family cabins, new technology and additional dining options to its Voyager-, Vision- and Radiance-class ships.

The Royal Advantage program began with Radiance of the Seas in May and will continue with Splendour of the Seas in November Next year, Rhapsody of the Seas (March), Grandeur of the Seas (May) and Serenade of the Seas (November) will enter dry-dock for a month and reemerge with an Oasis sheen.

The upgrades will include:

Additional dining options, including Park Cafe and Boardwalk Doghouse, plus for-fee options like Izumi, Chops Grille and Rita's Cantina.

Family-friendly enhancements, including Royal Babies and Tots nurseries and family cabins.

New technology, including ship-wide Wi-Fi, in-cabin docking stations, flat-panel TV's in cabins, computerized info kiosks and poolside video walls for entertainment.

Further afield, in 2013 and 2014, additional Royal Advantage overhauls will take place on Vision-class ships (Legend of the Seas and Vision of the Seas), four Voyager-class ships (Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas) and Brilliance of the Seas. Not all ships are scheduled to receive the full Oasis-style makeover: Less extensive refurbs are in store for Independence of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas. Majesty and Monarch are not scheduled for refurbs at this point. Earlier this year, Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas went under the knife, emerging with numerous Oasis-class amenities. from c.c

]

re-furb RCI

We are booked on Jewel of Seas next summer, any upgrade for this ship?

This is Cruise Fairy's post listing the dry dock dates, & The Jewel of the Seas is not on it.

Royal Caribbean's Dry Dock/refurbishment schedule

Majesty of the Seas Jan 2013
    Legend of the Seas Oct 2012
    Grandeur of the Seas April 2012
    Rhapsody of the Seas Feb 16- March 1st 2012
    Voyager of the Seas Jan 21, 2014
    Explorer of the Seas Jan 15, 2014
    Adventure of the Seas April 2013
    Navigator of the Seas Jan 2013
    Mariner of the Seas April 22 - 1st May 2012
    Radiance of the Seas Jan 2013
    Brilliance of the Seas April 2013
    Serenade of the Seas Feb 2013
    Independence of the Seas March 2013
    Oasis of the Seas OCt 2014
    Allure of the Seas Nov 2015

]

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We are booked on Jewel of Seas next summer, any upgrade for this ship?
    Was your ship - Jewel of Seas - upgraded in 2011? I read on another post that it was scheduled for May 2011.
    We are considering a cruise from Miami in May. Would you recommend this ship?

I like it when ships are "upgraded" but as far as RCI are concerned I would be more interested to learn that they have installed a Concierge Lounge on all ships instead of just some of the fleet. ......Neil

I need to find out more about 'Concierge Lounge' before appreciating the significance of your remark.

Is Jewel of the Seas stable enough for a transatlantic crossing? For example, I have been told that the (Cunard) Queen Mary was built as an 'ocean-going' liner, so is more stable on the Atlantic than her sister-ships, Victoria and Elizabeth. I'd love to go on the Southampton - New York trip on Queen Mary, but dates don't fit in. There's a Jewel of the Seas crossing from Miami to Harwich which we're considering.....any comments?

I need to find out more about 'Concierge Lounge' before appreciating the significance of your remark.

Is Jewel of the Seas stable enough for a transatlantic crossing? For example, I have been told that the (Cunard) Queen Mary was built as an 'ocean-going' liner, so is more stable on the Atlantic than her sister-ships, Victoria and Elizabeth. I'd love to go on the Southampton - New York trip on Queen Mary, but dates don't fit in. There's a Jewel of the Seas crossing from Miami to Harwich which we're considering.....any comments?
    The Concierge Lounge is for passengers using the Suites (not Junior Suites by the way) and for the use of passengers who have reached Diamond Plus in the Crown and Anchor loyalty club.

I hyave been on Jewel of the Sea twice on Transatlantic crossing and she was fine on each occasion. QM2 is certainly the best of the Transatlantic ships now but others do it all the time and are generally speaking fine. Rough seas will affect all ships and you can never guarantee that you won't avoid it.

The further south you go with the crossing normally the smoother and warmer the crossing so look at the starting point and the end to see what route you expect the ship to take. Hope that helps. ....Neil

The Concierge Lounge is for passengers using the Suites (not Junior Suites by the way) and for the use of passengers who have reached Diamond Plus in the Crown and Anchor loyalty club.

I hyave been on Jewel of the Sea twice on Transatlantic crossing and she was fine on each occasion. QM2 is certainly the best of the Transatlantic ships now but others do it all the time and are generally speaking fine. Rough seas will affect all ships and you can never guarantee that you won't avoid it.

The further south you go with the crossing normally the smoother and warmer the crossing so look at the starting point and the end to see what route you expect the ship to take. Hope that helps. ....Neil
    Thanks Neil.
    I am hoping that with such huge liners, the crosiings are never very too rough........ optimistic?
    The crossing we're looking at begins in Miami and has about 7 days at sea, before reaching Ponto Delgado in Portugal. Then we sail up the coast of France to Brest, Cherbourg and finally Harwich. I know there's no guarantees about weather - my Son has sailed the Atlantic in small boats and assures me the same - but what do you think are the chances of a smooth crossing.
    Have you any idea about a refurb on the Jewel? I read on one site that it was scheduled for May 2011, but haven't had that corroborated by any posts / reviews.
    Thanks for your time.
    Eileen