Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P&O charter flights to/from Barbados

Hi, does anybody know which aircraft types are in use for P&O charter flights to & from Manchester- Barbados this year( 2012) by the various airlines, Thompson/First Choice/Thomas Cook ?
    Presently slated for Thomas Cook (no flight number yet), previous experience with TC flights, on shorthaul, has been abysmal,any current info would be very welcome, Many Thanks, Dobbo 69

Images
    Hi there.
    I'm totally clueless about aircraft types but my hubby says....
    Thomson flights use Boeing 767's (these could be First Choice as well as they are the same company).
    Thomas Cook use Airbus A330's

Hope this helps.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi, does anybody know which aircraft types are in use for P&O charter flights to & from Manchester- Barbados this year( 2012) by the various airlines, Thompson/First Choice/Thomas Cook ?
    Presently slated for Thomas Cook (no flight number yet), previous experience with TC flights, on shorthaul, has been abysmal,any current info would be very welcome, Many Thanks, Dobbo 69
    I can't tell you which aircraft may be used, but in November I took a P&O return flights from Bournemouth to Barbados to spend 14 nights on the Azura....what a pleasure it was both ways. Wonderful staff, helpful and happy, plenty of legroom, fantastic, they even found me a veggie option which I hadn't ordered...can only say 5*

We were on Ventura for New Year - flew Gatport Airwick on TC and had no problems. Booked seats in row 9 (exits) and had around 9ft of leg room. one strange thing was going downstairs to use the loos - apparently a few of these aircraft were designed like this but it wasn't popular, sorry I don't know which plane it was. Cabin crew both ways were great - and allowed to have a personality!!
    Coming back on Friday 13th only three of the six flights were on-time - one Thomson flight back to Manchester was delayed by over a day because of a cracked windscreen and all passengers were transferred to hotels.

Images
    Its worth paying a little extra and getting Premium seats on these charters...

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015

Its worth paying a little extra and getting Premium seats on these charters...
    Personally I would save my money. Not that great a difference in seat size plus drinks are free for the whole plane so the advantage of premium is reduced somewhat.

The advantage for me is the extra seat (and consequent) shoulder width, as you say the cabin service in the main cabin includes drinks and legroom on both Thomson and Thos Cook (34-35 inches) is better than BA & Virgin's scheduled economy cabins (31-33 inches). On basis that it is likely to be Airbus A330 Dobbo69 might wish to look at Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru where cabin configurations for all airlines are detailed....Richard B

Images
    You generally find that when Thomas Cook are chartered by P&O that the service improves. Where you sit on the plane is bookable, at a price. Pay your money, make your choice: many do judging by the check-in queues at the priority counter.

Many Thanks to all for your replies, I'm a little reassured by the reports on Thos Cook,anyone who's flown short haul with them will understand my concerns, Dobbo69

march 2011 to azura from manchester was airbus 330 good no problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast