Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thank you for the information re La Rochelle

We did the West European trip with the Opera starting the 15th of July.
    With reasonable weather we visited all those ports, walking in the city centres and sit in pavements drinking beer.
    On thursday mornings there is an open air market in Cherbourg.
    We too were offered a tender to visit Guernsey, but unfortunately the captain of the tender decided the sea was too rough (((
    so the trip was cancelled.
    I wonder who did actually go ashore in Guernsey and was it well worth to spend the evening there?

Shelly - was the buffet open in the evening and was tea/coffee/water available ? These two things were the cause of soooooooo many complaints on all forums. I've read that it's now been remedied in the Med so hopefully things will be easier.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Shelly - was the buffet open in the evening and was tea/coffee/water available ? These two things were the cause of soooooooo many complaints on all forums. I've read that it's now been remedied in the Med so hopefully things will be easier.
    Tea & coffee were available 24hrs from Il Patio on deck 11. Water was only available at certain times. The buffet was open in the evenings but the times were limited.

The times were:
    7pm - 8.45pm Southampton, Amsterdam, At Sea, Bilbao, La Coruna, Cherbourg
    7pm-8.30pm La Rochelle
    6pm - 8pm At sea (Guernsey) ~ buffet Magnifique is held here at 11.30pm

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

The gratis coffee, "american" coffee is like dishwater and that on an italian ship.
    The espresso and cappuccino you buy in the bars (2 euro and 1.30 euro) are very tasty.

[QUOTE=Johnstone, Edinburgh;282565]I've sailed 6 times on her but never on a UK sailing and intend to do so again next year from Buenos Aires.

Although there is a hamburger bar and free tea, coffee and water 24/7 the Italian influence is not lost as Opera embarks passengers at all ports. There is a nice balance of nationalities and wide range of ethnic groups on board Opera out of UK. MSC are definately high up on my list of cruise companies after my recent cruise on Opera.

just back from holiday on msc opera, have to say I had lovely holiday , the food in Lapprodo and caravelle restaurants were lovely, our waiters Rueben and Leonardo were lovely too. This was our first cruise so we have no comparisons but dont see where the negativity is coming from, as most forums say you get what you pay for, if you want luxury then pay the higher prices!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123