Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Cheap Booze on Queen Elizabeth!

Hi,

That got your attention didn't it! We have just got back today from an 11 night cruise on QE.

Just wanted to let you know that QE are doing a trial of 'Duty Free' alcohol, that you CAN have for your cabin. It is a trial ONLY on QE at the moment, I think it might spread,the trial seems to be a great success!

Gordons Gin Litre $15 or £9.70
    Famous Grouse - Ditto
    Bombay Sapphire Litre- $16 or £8.41
    Courvosier VS Cognac $ 30 or $50 for two!! We bought two for the grand sum of £32.33

This should see the end of Booze smuggling!! No point at these prices! The cognac usually costs us about £32 for one litre here!! Bargain!

I have provided a link to the price list:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Global/UK%20...ice%20list.pdf

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie, just got of of her as well had a absolutely fabulous cruise i did not find any faults even though i went out of my way to find them! I purchased a ltr of Whiskey& a ltr of Brandy for $25 =£16.66 The bars where still busy so it does not seem to have effected the bar sales.

]

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi,

That got your attention didn't it! We have just got back today from an 11 night cruise on QE.

Just wanted to let you know that QE are doing a trial of 'Duty Free' alcohol, that you CAN have for your cabin. It is a trial ONLY on QE at the moment, I think it might spread,the trial seems to be a great success!

Gordons Gin Litre $15 or £9.70
    Famous Grouse - Ditto
    Bombay Sapphire Litre- $16 or £8.41
    Courvosier VS Cognac $ 30 or $50 for two!! We bought two for the grand sum of £32.33

This should see the end of Booze smuggling!! No point at these prices! The cognac usually costs us about £32 for one litre here!! Bargain!

I have provided a link to the price list:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Global/UK%20...ice%20list.pdf
    Hi Lizzie, just got of of her as well had a absolutely fabulous cruise i did not find any faults even though i went out of my way to find them! I purchased a ltr of Whiskey& a ltr of Brandy for $25 =£16.66 The bars where still busy so it does not seem to have effected the bar sales.
    My word, that must have been a Forum gathering. I do believe Harvey was on the same voyage.

Those prices look pretty good to me and, as you say Lizzie, should cut out the necessity to smuggle or even carry litres of spirit.

My word, that must have been a Forum gathering. I do believe Harvey was on the same voyage.

Those prices look pretty good to me and, as you say Lizzie, should cut out the necessity to smuggle or even carry litres of spirit.
    He most certainly was. Lovely ship and great food.

An aside from the booze on offer - John Stalker (the ex policeman) was one of the speakers on board. He was very good and quite humorous. He was on twice and completely filled the theatre both times.

cheers
    Harvey

Lets hope it's deemed a success and the other lines follow suit. We saw John Stalker on the QV, same thing filled the theatre twice, Mind you it wasn't hard the second time, the royal wedding followed and if you wanted to get a seat to see the television coverage of Wills and Kate you had to get in early.

Images

He most certainly was. Lovely ship and great food.

An aside from the booze on offer - John Stalker (the ex policeman) was one of the speakers on board. He was very good and quite humorous. He was on twice and completely filled the theatre both times.

cheers
    Harvey
    Hi Tuggy, we thought it brilliant too, had a great time & met some great people, pity we didn't meet you!.

Hi Richard, we have never taken spirits on board, just two bottles of our favourite wine to enjoy on the Balcony. As you know one of the advantages of sailing on Cunard, unlike some other lines, is that you can buy a Bottle or two at any Port and take it on board, no 'frisking' no taking it from you. Treated like responsible adults, which is how it should be!

Hi Harvey, would have loved to meet you too! Agree about John Stalker, having sat near him for all meals, he is well suited to 'speaking' as he never stops talking! Not a criticism, just an observation, he is a very interesting man with such a varied and multi faceted past.

Lizzie

Images
    Tut tut

It is booze when one refers to Thomson but an alcoholic tipple when one speaks of Cunard

Welcome home Lizzie

looks like you had a good time

I hope you drank all the brandy to get second dibs

Images
    Thanks for the welcome home Spartan.

Yes, I know the title was 'Bang, out of order' BUT had I said something like ' A great offer on Cunard' it might have been overlooked! With hindsight, I should have titled it 'The end of Booze smuggling'

Ah well, it is a great initiative & I hope it will continue!!

No second dibs sadly, too late & all gone!

Lizzie

Tut tut

It is booze when one refers to Thomson but an alcoholic tipple when one speaks of Cunard

.................................................. ..................................
    That's not what the thread heading states! Viz. "Cheap Booze on queen Elizabeth!" Is this just another Thomson's inferiority complex?

cheers
    Harvey

Hi, my wife and I are cruising on Queen Victoria in December, do you know if they are doing the same deal?
    Regards
    very interested!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast