• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving weight

!! :D

P&O certainly will, just ask, or leave a note for your cabin steward and he will arrange it.
    sigpic
    Cruisings Cool

Comment

Fred Olsen will also let you buy a bottle for your cabin on board.

Comment

Don't you just buy a bottle once you've gone airside, so it doesn't count against your allowed baggage weight?

Comment

Yes but

Originally posted by Bosscat, Argolida View Post
          Don't you just buy a bottle once you've gone airside, so it doesn't count against your allowed baggage weight?
          Quite right and you can often buy a bottle on the aircraft.

The one thing to remember is that you must be flying out of the EEC for it to be duty free and also that there are no EEC stops to change flights on the way. .....Neil

Comment

When last on P & O there was a choice of over 40 different bottles of alcohol which could be ordered via the interactive TV in the stateroom and at prices cheaper than your local supermarket. Might want to take any mixers though.

Comment

Many thanks, we are flying to Acapulco with a stop for fuel at Sanford, although I thought that if a bottle was bought airside it was taken from you on boarding.
              So if P&O will sell a bottle for the cabin the interactive TV path might be the best bet

Comment

Can you also take bottles of duty-free on Thompson Dream or buy one in the on-board shop? Just researching! Thanks Rene.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwalli, Liverpool View Post
                  Can you also take bottles of duty-free on Thompson Dream or buy one in the on-board shop? Just researching! Thanks Rene.
                  I can't speak specifically for the Dream as I've not been on it, but we've had no problems on other Thomson ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Propshaft, yes that is the best bet, no chance of smashing it on the way,as some one did in front of me boarding the Oceana in Barbados.CG
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi, when I arrived on Artemis, it was the, Feb Caribbean cruise, I did in fact order a bottle of Scoch from the steward, no prob, although I had my 2 plastic duty free bottles with me they didn't take them off me, and I just left them on the couch the entire cruise and nothing was said.
                      I have ordered off the shopping channel on the ships interactive TV on several other cruise lines, but Artemis's TV is a bit old and I think it does not have that feature.
                      Same in June on Aurora, I ordered with the steward and it was brought to the cabin.
                      So there is no need to put the extra weight in the case, and the strife can take another pair of shoes. :D

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X