• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian War Crimes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian War Crimes

Hi folks. We’ve just watched the news on CNN and it was very, very grim. The massacre of civilians in the various towns around Kyiv is absolutely horrifying to see. The Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, has called for Russia to be removed from the United Nations Security Council. The level of barbarity shown at the hands of the Russian troops is off the scale. How can the Russian people still stand by Putin, swallowing his lies in the face of such evidence? It is truly beyond my comprehension!

Take care. Helen

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
    Hi folks. We’ve just watched the news on CNN and it was very, very grim. The massacre of civilians in the various towns around Kyiv is absolutely horrifying to see. The Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, has called for Russia to be removed from the United Nations Security Council. The level of barbarity shown at the hands of the Russian troops is off the scale. How can the Russian people still stand by Putin, swallowing his lies in the face of such evidence? It is truly beyond my comprehension!

Take care. Helen
    Propaganda ??

Every war has had atrocities - this war alas is taking place in the age of the internet.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Take care. Helen
      Sadly almost all Russian people have been cut off from outside news sources and are only fed Putin's distorted propaganda.

How such barbarity can occur in Europe is completely beyond me.

Comment

There was a video report on the BBC News website this morning at 6.34am by their war reporter Jeremy Bowen.

“Destruction in the Ukrainian town of Borodyanka”

Whole rows of civilian apartment blocks were destroyed and police say there could be hundreds of people buried under the rubble.

How any Russian ‘spokesman’ can say they are not targeting civilians is beyond belief and is sickening.

One day the russian people will learn exactly what has been and is going on in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
          Sadly almost all Russian people have been cut off from outside news sources and are only fed Putin's distorted propaganda.

How such barbarity can occur in Europe is completely beyond me.
          You do surprise me John.

Anyone who has visited Auschwitz must recognise there are no limits to barbarity.

I confess to capping how much footage I watch - my head space is limited after dealing with multiple family health issues.

Back to my music and trains

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

You do surprise me John.

Anyone who has visited Auschwitz must recognise there are no limits to barbarity.

I confess to capping how much footage I watch - my head space is limited after dealing with multiple family health issues.

Back to my music and trains

Annie
            I have not been to Auschwitz and fully understand there are no limits to barbarity but in the succeeding years with greater communications, visibility, understanding etc., etc. we might have moved on. Clearly not in the leadership of Russia.

Hope your family health issues are resolving satisfactorily.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
              I have not been to Auschwitz and fully understand there are no limits to barbarity but in the succeeding years with greater communications, visibility, understanding etc., etc. we might have moved on. Clearly not in the leadership of Russia.

Hope your family health issues are resolving satisfactorily.
              Thanks John but sadly in 3 out of 4 - they are chronic but one hopefully will have a satisfactory outcome in 3 weeks and counting.

Back to Putin, IMHO he is mad, bad but also sick and JMO that makes him very dangerous compounded by a dose of the Napoleon complex?? - heck what do I know??

Annie

Comment

I can't understand what is going on in the Ukraine, Putin is destroying a beautiful Country, for what reason? It won't be fit for purpose when he's finished with it

There is a lot of tut tutting going on, but no one seems to be doing anything to stop it. When will it stop?

Comment

Sure there was a load of arms in the UK getting close to the use by dates and would get destroyed if not used

just give them away to a good cause with targets.

Comment

The horrors of this war just increase day by day. Unfortunately, even if Putin was ousted, the powers that be (beyond Putin) would probably put another KGB/FSB hardliners in his place. Some of the newspapers talk about the possibility of Alexi Navalny leading the country, but my guess is that he would “mysteriously “ pass away from some undisclosed illness before that could happen.

Take care. Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X