• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still 6 month to go and it has started.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still 6 month to go and it has started.

Got my first Xmas promo email yesterday, from of all places, P&O.

I got one from Center Parcs yesterday for Winter Wonderland.
    Already booked! 🙌
    but we’ve not even had summer yet.

Comment

I wish that Christmas would start on 1st December and enjoyed for that month, really dislike this retail/commercial driven approach, it takes away the magic.

John

Comment

Update, just got the P&O Christmas email

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          Got my first Xmas promo email yesterday, from of all places, P&O.
          Browsing the Costa website the other day, they were promoting Christmas.

Ir is reported that all the Carnival European brands are under-performing, therefore I am not surprised.

I agree with John, let us restrict Christmas advertising to December.

Annie

Comment

I don't mind the Xmas new year cruises being promoted all year in the general way I am looking for one.

The on-line link is personalized.

If I followed the link.

this is what some of the cruise come up like. 5 undefined Western Europe undefined Southampton, UK Dec 29, 2019

One of the cruises gets home before xmas.....

I would have though a good time to promote the festive ones would be Jan just after the trauma of xmas, let us take the strain you take the family.

Last edited by Topdeck, London; 26th June 2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Browsing the Costa website the other day, they were promoting Christmas.

Ir is reported that all the Carnival European brands are under-performing, therefore I am not surprised.

I agree with John, let us restrict Christmas advertising to December.

Annie
              Guess if they’re really are underperforming, then bringing Iona to the party next year after the initial bit of enthusiasm from the punters wanes might prove to be a costly decision. That’s several thousand more passengers per week they’ve got to find over Oriana and if prices get so low In order to fill the ship, it’ll no doubt impact on the quality of the product further!

Comment

Originally posted by zippy99, London View Post

Guess if they’re really are underperforming, then bringing Iona to the party next year after the initial bit of enthusiasm from the punters wanes might prove to be a costly decision. That’s several thousand more passengers per week they’ve got to find over Oriana and if prices get so low In order to fill the ship, it’ll no doubt impact on the quality of the product further!
                Interesting article about carnival, tends o support your view.

https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk...-expectations/

John

Comment

Subscription.

​​​​​​Not done any analysis for a year most lines have been doing OK.

Comment

Just switched the computer on to find that our local hotel is advertising Xmas Day lunches ,

Comment

Our work Christmas do is all booked, deposits paid.

I've seen a couple of ads regarding Christmas cruises but not had any emails so far.
                      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by zippy99, London View Post

Donald, the CEO, highlighted Aida and Costa and said Brexit wasn't helping P&O.

Bad timing for the extra capacity.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/...next-year.html

Annie

Comment

I don’t see much wrong with advertising Christmas cruises or holidays, most people wouldn’t wait until December 1 to book. For other Christmas items, Dec1 is quite early enough. Shops here tend to start Christmas decorations and sales as soon as Halloween is over. Valentines Day starts right after Christmas, then Easter, Mothers' Day, Fathers'Day etc. The worst for me when I was working was seeing 'Back to School' sales as soon as the holidays started.
                          Sheila

Comment

In our house Christmas begins in October, when I make Christmas cakes and puddings. The record is 14, but I don't do that any more! I also make Christmas cards, so beginning on 1 December wouldn't work at all.

The most organised I have been for Christmas was when we sailed on 6 December until 6 January. Everything was done by the middle of November. Since then I try to have everything as organised as I can by 1 December. It makes Christmas a lot easier.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X