• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booked not one but two cruises. Health monitoring whilst on board.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked not one but two cruises. Health monitoring whilst on board.

Decided to take the plunge and booked Celebrity Silhouette for next February and Royal Caribbean (later in the year) on Vision from Barcelona. Surely we’ll all be in a better place in 8 months time🤞Royal Caribbean just sent me a couple of booking documents, including this one about “health monitoring” whilst on board using Cctv and locator devices. I know it’s been mentioned previously but this document confirms what many of us have discussed.

Health Monitoring on-board

We are rolling out a detailed disease prevention program which may include regular temperature screening, and/or testing for COVID-19 either by blood sample and/or a swab of the nose and/or throat. We may also require you to participate in contact tracing processes to help control the spread of COVID- 19. This may include a requirement that you wear a wearable device at all times during your cruise which will help us to identify where you have been onboard. We will also use our CCTV footage to supplement any information we collect through any wearables and other information held in our systems, to help us to understand where you have been onboard and with whom you have been in contact. More information can be found in our privacy policies. Participation in these health monitoring and contact tracing processes will be mandatory. Refusal to participate will be considered a breach of the Guest Health Safety and Conduct Policy, a breach of your contract with us and could lead to you being disembarked from the ship.

As long as it keeps everyone safe and cruising then it’s a good thing.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Many ships have been using face recognition (CCTV and photo team) for a few years now.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        Decided to take the plunge and booked Celebrity Silhouette for next February and Royal Caribbean (later in the year) on Vision from Barcelona. Surely we’ll all be in a better place in 8 months time🤞Royal Caribbean just sent me a couple of booking documents, including this one about “health monitoring” whilst on board using Cctv and locator devices. I know it’s been mentioned previously but this document confirms what many of us have discussed.

We are rolling out a detailed disease prevention program which may include regular temperature screening, and/or testing for COVID-19 either by blood sample and/or a swab of the nose and/or throat. We may also require you to participate in contact tracing processes to help control the spread of COVID- 19. This may include a requirement that you wear a wearable device at all times during your cruise which will help us to identify where you have been onboard. We will also use our CCTV footage to supplement any information we collect through any wearables and other information held in our systems, to help us to understand where you have been onboard and with whom you have been in contact. More information can be found in our privacy policies. Participation in these health monitoring and contact tracing processes will be mandatory. Refusal to participate will be considered a breach of the Guest Health Safety and Conduct Policy, a breach of your contract with us and could lead to you being disembarked from the ship.
        I don't cruise to be subjected to Covid Testing so I am happy to pass.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
          As long as it keeps everyone safe and cruising then it’s a good thing.
          I agree to a point Issy but it is in the extreme IMO. Cruising has definitely changed.

Comment

I agree to a point Issy but it is in the extreme IMO. Cruising has definitely changed.
            Cruising just like everything else Mike has changed. We have a new norm which, hopefully, will improve with time.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Big Brother is/will be watching you. Keep well away from that attractive blonde whilst your wife is having a 2 hour treatment in the spa.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I don't cruise to be subjected to Covid Testing so I am happy to pass.

Annie
                Same here, and what's the "wearable device" they're talking about? If the Millie cases are confirmed, nothing is foolproof it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Same here, and what's the "wearable device" they're talking about? If the Millie cases are confirmed, nothing is foolproof it would seem.
                  A tracking wristband possibly??

We await more info on the Millie which we know was NOT a 100% fully vaccinated cruise and masks were not required on board.

I am hoping for a false positive case.

Annie

Comment

We had to be tested prior to boarding MSC Virtuosa, and our temperature was taken twice a day. We were also given a wristband, similar to a Fitbit size, to wear for track and trace. Masks had to be worn all the time except for eating and drinking. None of it bothered me at all, possibly because we have become used to a new normal.

I am booked on Celebrity Silhouette, and we need to get a test within the 72 hour period prior to the cruise. Of course, there's a while to go, and requirements may change.
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Unvaccinated guests to pay for their own tests says Richard Fain.

Annie

Comment

Unvaccinated guests to pay for their own tests says Richard Fain.

Annie
                        Excellent idea.

A tracking wristband possibly??

We await more info on the Millie which we know was NOT a 100% fully vaccinated cruise and masks were not required on board.

I am hoping for a false positive case.

Annie
                        I have read that too somewhere. Always best to wait for the official verdict and IF the two guests were lax on jab status, you can be sure it will be pointed out. If they were then it's an amazing piece of bad luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yogini, Waterlooville;n1432424]We had to be tested prior to boarding MSC Virtuosa, and our temperature was taken twice a day. We were also given a wristband, similar to a Fitbit size, to wear for track and trace. Masks had to be worn all the time except for eating and drinking. None of it bothered me at all, possibly because we have become used to a new normal.

I am booked on Celebrity Silhouette, and we need to get a test within the 72 hour period prior to the cruise. Of course, there's a while to go, and requirements may change.[/

Seems such a long time to wait but it is what it is. Longer the better I suppose. Everything should be seamless by then 🤞

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X