• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Cancel Christmas John- the great British Public would have done their own thing - JMO.

Annie
    I agree, I think that's why they went ahead, even with the limits imposed, that said its like eye tests at Baranard Castle, its a drip feed of failure to adhere to the regulations that leads to the increase in numbers we are seeing today

John

Comment

Hi Tim
      Hope you are both recovered.
      I was only thinking of you the other day when talking about cruise line survival,,,no one ever mentions cruise travel agents survival.

Do TA,s still get commission on cruises booked with FCC.

I remember you saying you dipped your toes into the travel business,,,have you survived?
      Looks like you never gave up the day job

Have had x3 cruises cancelled,,holding out hope for a booked Celebrity cruise this August.

Pop into your blog site now and then,,,not much activity to write about I guess.

JC
      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Tim
        Hope you are both recovered.
        I was only thinking of you the other day when talking about cruise line survival,,,no one ever mentions cruise travel agents survival.

Do TA,s still get commission on cruises booked with FCC.

I remember you saying you dipped your toes into the travel business,,,have you survived?
        Looks like you never gave up the day job

Have had x3 cruises cancelled,,holding out hope for a booked Celebrity cruise this August.

Pop into your blog site now and then,,,not much activity to write about I guess.

JC
        Hi JC, the consortium we were working with went in to Administration so we lost all that we'd worked for over nearly a year and the future commissions that would be due. That was a bit gutting but we were so thankful that neither of us gave up our main career to go fully in to it, which was tempting this time last year!

We've since signed up with another group and are seeing some green shoots.

In terms of the FCC commission, it depends on the cruise line I believe. All of ours were with the one cruise line and could only be spent with the agent that you booked the cruise with, alas due to what happened we haven't dealt with any!

Comment

Great word : scunnered

Annie
          We have some fabulous Scottish words don’t you think Anne? I love and also still use crabbit, dauner, bleather, glaikit, peely wally, piece and ginger among others.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

We have some fabulous Scottish words don’t you think Anne? I love and also still use crabbit, dauner, bleather, glaikit, peely wally, piece and ginger among others.
            The first time my friend from Glasgow said she was feeling peely wally, I wondered what on earth she was on about?

Comment

I love the Scottish word cockwomble - which so accurately describes half of the Government!
              And a newly-coined word (which suits a certain person down to the ground) is 'testiculating'
              which means waving your arms around whilst talking boll***s

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

I love the Scottish word cockwomble - which so accurately describes half of the Government!
                And a newly-coined word (which suits a certain person down to the ground) is 'testiculating'
                which means waving your arms around whilst talking boll***s
                Eejit is the word I use.

Annie

Comment

Eejit is the word I use.

Annie
                  Or numpty. 😂

Comment

Or numpty. 😂
                    That works too or glaikit??

Annie

Comment

That works too or glaikit??

Annie
                      Oh my favourite word.....glaikit.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X