• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will You Do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Will You Do

At the moment the Virus restrictions over the Christmas period is still being debated. Irrespective of what is decided are you planning to see your families one way or another. This is of course a very difficult decision for families to make but must be in everyones thoughts at the moment. What will you do. ???

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
    At the moment the Virus restrictions over the Christmas period is still being debated. Irrespective of what is decided are you planning to see your families one way or another. This is of course a very difficult decision for families to make but must be in everyones thoughts at the moment. What will you do. ???
    We will have one son who is part of our bubble stay with us whilst on leave, he can’t go away and then isolate, we will see what the rules say about our other son coming for a few days, planning that he can, but the most we will be is 4

John

Comment

I will be following the rules, and even if they do allow family get togethers I don't think I will be going.
      Missing out on a family get together at christmas will be disappointing and sad, but not as much as having a family member get covid (be hospitalised, long covid or die) because of a family get together.

Comment

No doubt those that have been bemoaning the lack of family time will be bemoaning the lack of family time again when we enter lockdown 3 after xmas

And it's the family time over xmas that will prompt the new lockdown.

Can't have it all folks.

We'll have 'er indoors dad up but only if he has isolated for 14 days beforehand.

Garf

Comment

If permitted we will se our daughter and son in law on Christmas Day. The rest of the family are in Bolton and mum and dad have a very loose grip on the idea of lockdown. Dad particularly seems unable to stay at home. How they have avoided infection I have no idea. Christmas gifts will be sent by post, next week.

Comment

I will follow the rules but that is easy for me.

Foe one one my sisters she will be presented with a challenge - her FIL is currently in hospital and the outlook is not good. Her daughter, who resides 200 miles away, is anticipated to give birth to her 1st child next week.

I suspect rules will be relaxed by government or else the police will be very busy.

Somebody will know, how did the population cope in previous challenging times?? it is only 1 day but very important to some but not all.

Annie

Comment

We'll have our son for the day as he lives alone, and I think this is allowed under present rules. Our daughter and her family will probably do their own thing, but I dare say we may have some contact even if it's at a distance. Probably a case of leaving presents on the door step and moving away.

Comment

Second attempt first marked unapproved after editing.

We as a family normally spend the 2 days of Christmas at our sons during daytime and evening, as far as he is concerned it’s still going ahead if allowed, it’s up to us, our daughter and her family if we want to attend, nothing finally decided yet.

One small obstacle, he on his own in his spare time (still working full time) is in the middle of knocking down a dividing wall between kitchen and dining room and making one large kitchen/dining room. existing dining area to become new kitchen area and visa versa. So far wall knocked down, RSJ fitted, half of old kitchen ripped out. Still looking like a building site, plastering (walls and ceiling), electrics, new kitchen units including appliances still to be fitted.

We are lucky as we all live locally and lock downs have not caused us too much of a problem, our two children & partners are all working full time, our daughter still from home, although she has been going into the office on a rota system, before latest lock down. Our sons a builder and our DIL a teacher, we visit their home daily whilst they are both out at work and their children at school, to let their two German shepherd dogs out for a run in the garden.

If we have to extend lock down and isolate in order to have to have Christmas, will not cause us as a family too much of a problem. If it goes ahead there will be 10 of us.
                Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 19th November 2020, 02:05 PM.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I have my mum (on her own) my daughter (on her own) My niece with 2 kids and a son who will want to have Xmas at ours. My other son will stay at home with his family. I can't/won't say none of them can come. I'm really hoping Boris makes the decision, so we don't have to. But at the moment it's 8 of us for Xmas dinner!! ........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex

If we have to extend lock down and isolate in order to have to have Christmas, will not cause us as a family too much of a problem.
                    Lockdown won't really affect me either, been working throughout and will continue to.

The problem is though that a lockdown over January will affect thousands of businesses and will just increase the job losses, closures and futures of many going forward. Seems a lot to lose for the sake of one long weekend with the family.

Comment

To quote Professor Gabriel Scally, an expert in Public Health at Bristol University:

'There is no point lifting restrictions for 5 days in December only to bury family and relations in January and February.'

Annie

Comment

Just imagine Granny and Grandad getting a dose of Covid off the kids who in all probability will be asymptomatic.
                        What a lovely unexpected xmas present for them.

Garf

Comment

I just wish they would say NOW one way or the other and you can plan accordingly, its my granddaughters birthday in b'mouth 6 dec, never missed it in 14 years ( now might be the first time ) but we will have xmas here just us 2, ( so sad )mind you I have forgotten how to do xmas as we are always on our beloved balmoral then....But I think everybody would be better if we just knew...........happy xmas all x x

Comment

...and those who might be buried anyway next year, should be allowed to see their loved ones for possibly their last Christmas.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. If the general population were blessed with common sense then a blanket edict could be avoided. As it is, sense isn't common for millions, so allow small family gatherings and let those who still do possess common sense, be guided by it. We shall be.

Comment

It is likely to be my last Christmas but I’m not going to see the family and risk passing on the virus to others in our area. Please think further ahead than your immediate party. If anyone has COVID, without symptoms, who else might they pass it to via your guests?

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X