• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now, the end is near...............apologies to Mr. Sinatra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
    What a sad sight.

    ....
    I found LMM's photos quite disturbing. For some reason, they were spooky and yes, a sad sight.

    Comment


      #17
      UK Gov should have bought a couple to house asylum seekers..

      Garf..

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
        UK Gov should have bought a couple to house asylum seekers..

        Garf..
        Perhaps just use them to house the UK Government..............

        LMM


        Lawnmowerman

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

          Perhaps just use them to house the UK Government..............

          LMM
          Probably less decrepit than the apparent current state of the Houses of Parliament?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post

            Spotted this the other day.

            According to the DM its Aliaga, a town 30 miles north of Izmir on Turkey's west coast,

            The Carnival ships are self explanatory but I don't recognise the other two with blue hulls.

            [
            These are easily recognisable from the round aft lounge at the top - a distinguishable part of the RCI fleet in the early years - Viking Crown lounge where a feature on their fleet.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
              Hi Jill
              They are only ships,just lumps of iron.
              I worked on chemical plants that were scrapped you just walked off one plant onto another new one.
              I would imagine the crew would feel the same,,,,from an old ship onto a shiny new ship.better facilities,no thudding engines keeping them awake.probably better crew cabins.

              I sailed on all the old Thomson ships,had great memories of them all...but I never wore black when they got scrapped,,,they are just inanimate objects.

              JC

              I dont agree, call me a softie but I do think ships have a heart. I still morn the old P&O Canberra and really do feel sad when I see ships in this state.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Jill
                They are only ships,just lumps of iron.
                I worked on chemical plants that were scrapped you just walked off one plant onto another new one.
                I would imagine the crew would feel the same,,,,from an old ship onto a shiny new ship.better facilities,no thudding engines keeping them awake.probably better crew cabins.

                I sailed on all the old Thomson ships,had great memories of them all...but I never wore black when they got scrapped,,,they are just inanimate objects.

                JC

                I do hope you are right JC regarding the crew.

                I have lots of wonderful memories of my long cruises om Boudicca. I am hoping to clock up some more on Fred's new ships, as well as the Balmoral and Braemar
                Jill

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

                  I dont agree, call me a softie but I do think ships have a heart. I still morn the old P&O Canberra and really do feel sad when I see ships in this state.
                  I agree with you. I didn’t learn to drive until I was in my 50’s. When I changed my first car after 8 years, she was called ‘Nellie’, I was so sad but cheered up when one of the guys who own a shop near us bought it from the car showroom I sold it too. He asked me if the mileage was correct for my 10 year old car..................she’d only done about 25,000 miles! That was the reason the car showroom kept my car to sell and not send it to a nasty car auction.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post

                    I dont agree, call me a softie but I do think ships have a heart. I still morn the old P&O Canberra and really do feel sad when I see ships in this state.
                    I feel the same, they look so forlorn and sad in that state. Reminds me of beached whales when they are all squashed up together.....
                    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

                    Comment


                    We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.


                    By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

                    Working...
                    X