• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS in Quarantine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POTUS in Quarantine

Hi All

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/01/p...rus/index.html

Annie

POTUS and the 1st Lady are positive for Covid 19

Annie

Comment

The comments and memes doing the rounds on social media already are hilarious.
      Whilst I wish no one the severe ill effects of this virus, it will be interesting to see whether he follows his own ridiculous advice. He’s probably in denial after claiming it was a hoax!!
      its Melania and all the staff you’ve got to feel sorry for.

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
        The comments and memes doing the rounds on social media already are hilarious.
        Whilst I wish no one the severe ill effects of this virus, it will be interesting to see whether he follows his own ridiculous advice. He’s probably in denial after claiming it was a hoax!!
        its Melania and all the staff you’ve got to feel sorry for.
        Whether you like him or not, he has been infected with a serious virus, especially for someone of his age. Those who poke fun says more about them than anything. Nobody should poke fun when someone has been diagnosed ill.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

Whether you like him or not, he has been infected with a serious virus, especially for someone of his age. Those who poke fun says more about them than anything. Nobody should poke fun when someone has been diagnosed ill.
          I wasn’t poking fun and I never stated whether I liked him or not. I don’t know him to have a personal opinion.
          I was simply stating whether or not his stance and opinion will change now he’s dealing with it himself. Whilst also showing concern for those around him.
          I didn’t say I agreed with what was online simply that some of it was funny.

Comment

I wonder if he will continue to mock mask wearers...

Comment

This comes as no surprise. Let’s face it, he’s been reckless over the past few months and his attitude towards Covid has been shocking. Just watched a video of him throwing hats into the small crowd on 30 September with his bare hands. The individuals who caught them have probably caught more than a MAGA hat.

Comment

Well, that's convenient. It will be interesting to see how the illness develops (if at all) .................................................. ..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                  I wonder if he will continue to mock mask wearers...
                  This news may have a silver lining - maybe the USA will mask up.

Annie

Comment

Good point Annie re masks.

I thought I heard DT say during the 'debate' on Tuesday that they had all been tested. There was some criticism that his family in the audience had refused to wear masks.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

Hi Lucy.
                      You are correct.
                      Remember this one?.....and you poke fun at someone with a stammer on another thread

Greenhouses and Bricks come to mind.

JC
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

People are making fun because of his stance. DT tried to say that the virus was a hoax, it was no worse than seasonal flu, it would be over in a few weeks. Then he started to give out stupid advice, like taking bleach and hydroxychloroquine to cure/combat it. It's no wonder that people think it's a case of karma.
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Considering all the places DT’s been and all the people he’s mixed with its rather ironic, yet not unexpected, that they have been infected by someone so very close to them. DT said he and Melania spend a lot of time with this particular aide. I wonder how the rest of the family will fare, as they all (likely) travelled together on Airforce One earlier this week.

Comment

According to news reports his aide was diagnosed in the morning, but instead of isolating he went to a rally in the afternoon. Irresponsible!

Comment

Interesting during the debate he tried to take the mickey out of Biden for him wearing masks.

Also at the debate the only member of Trumps family wearing a mask was his wife, whereas Bidens family were all wearing masks.
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 2nd October 2020, 04:37 PM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X