• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Blue Passports March

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blue Passports March

New blue British passport rollout to begin in March https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51585018

154F9DF4-7A0F-42E2-B8C5-2118B3888286.jpeg
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

I would have loved to have a blue passport, but we renewed ours in September. As it happened, we had to cancel the cruise, so could have waited, but I shall probably never need mine again, so wasted money all round.

Comment

Colour immaterial to me.

Comment

It's a shame that they are being made on France and not the UK.
        Jill

Comment

They are made by a French-Dutch company Gemelto in a factory in Poland but will have all the recipients details added in the UK.
          You can thank EU competition rules for them gaining the contract.
          Hopefully it won't happen again.
          Regards
          Garf

Comment

I'm surprised they are changing this year, I'd have thought they would have waited until we had finished our transition year.

Only just changed mine, but I'm quite happy with mine, as long as it gets me in and out of the Country, does it really matter? .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              I'm surprised they are changing this year, I'd have thought they would have waited until we had finished our transition year.

Only just changed mine, but I'm quite happy with mine, as long as it gets me in and out of the Country, does it really matter? .................................................. .........Carol
              Changed ours too. Not bothered either way as the red one works and has done for a few decades, but blue is and always has been, from when I was a little bunny, my favourite colour. Now it competes with black, although the purists will say black isn't a colour!

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                tdb, Brentwood commented
                Editing a comment
                Wrong! Black is a colour to artists and sensible people. It is only not a colour to scientists talking about the light spectrum.

Colour doesn’t really matter to me, albeit I’m due a change next year. Of course, that may all change if Nicola Sturgeon gets her wish for independence and we have a Scottish (SNP) passport. God help us. I can just see her face emblazoned on the front of it.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😳

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                Colour doesn’t really matter to me, albeit I’m due a change next year. Of course, that may all change if Nicola Sturgeon gets her wish for independence and we have a Scottish (SNP) passport. God help us. I can just see her face emblazoned on the front of it.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😳
                I wonder which colour will be chosen, in the event of an independent Scotland
                A bit of trivia here, there are only four colours for passports. Red;Green;Blue and Black.

Obviously there is some shading involved, but basically, there are four colours. Apparently, wisdom has it, there is some method in the colour decision for many passports but that might be just be the euivalent of launderette gossip.

Comment

I would have liked a new blue one but renewed our EU one last year.

Comment

Got a non EU red one.

Comment

I’m happy with my red passport which doesn’t expire for some time. No desire to have a blue one.

Comment

Mrs M....never thought about different colouring of passports before . Now you've got me wondering!😜

Comment

Originally posted by alandrover, beccles View Post
                          Mrs M....never thought about different colouring of passports before . Now you've got me wondering!😜
                          Someone provided me with a link to this website recently. It might have even been on here somewhere.

https://www.passportindex.org/

Interesting to see all the different shades.

https://www.passportindex.org/byColor.php
                          Last edited by Wansbrough, North Somerset; 22nd February 2020, 04:29 PM.
                          www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Ah, dear tdb, Brentwood, you will see I said purists which left the category wide open to interpretation.
                            Let's hear it for my Physics teachers of long ago!

I am happy for black to be a colour as it's the basis of my Cunard evening wardrobe as it hides such a multitude of sins. Black will always be, the new black.

Comment

• tdb, Brentwood
                              tdb, Brentwood commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Shame you cannot understand. If you meant physics/scientist why not say so? A “purist’ has a far wider context than scientist/physics teacher!

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X