• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day Two on the Lord Byron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Two on the Lord Byron

We had a bright and early start on Monday with the introduction to the days events at 08.30 and our morning excursion in Budapest leaving promptly at 9 am. The introduction was great as we got told a bit more about the excursion process and how to use the head sets, which I later discovered during the tour were a great asset.

The main thing I took from the introduction was that it was going to be a jammed packed 2 hours and a mix of coach and walking. Sylvia is one of the tour managers on board and she then set the scene for the rest of the 13 day cruise (pity I am getting off on Wednesday). It really does sound like my fellow passengers will be busy but they were reassured that this is their holiday and not to feel pressurised into doing the excursions if they don't want to.

Off we all went on our merry way and we were introduced to David who was to be our tour guide for the trip. He was relaxed, fun, informative and very patient. We went on a whistle stop tour that included Buda Castle, St Stephens Basilica, Hungarian State Opera House and many more sights and sounds. We had a fantastic morning and got to see the most beautiful city views that I have posted to my Facebook so keep an eye out for them. I will also have them on my blog when I get home so you wont miss out. I also got to have a nosy around the famous Budapest market where Paprika and lace where in abundance.

Last night we got to meet the captain who is surprisingly young and I think he is the youngest river captain in Europe. We were introduced to all of the in house managers and it was nice to meet them all as it is a very small ship and they are all very busy normally.

It was a lovely evening and the weather has been very good to us so far. We are in Vienna today and staying here over night so I am looking forward to this afternoons excursion and seeing the sights and sounds of Vienna.

My only negative at the minute is the ship wifi. It is free of charge which is fantastic, but it is very temperamental and not at all helpful when I am trying to post how I am getting on

Originally posted by Daniellem, Cruise co uk View Post
    Last night we got to meet the captain who is surprisingly young and I think he is the youngest river captain in Europe.
    How old was he? Did he shave?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We found that although the excursions were great and very informative, you do need some stamina especially as the cruise goes on. I must admit that I missed one excursion but Drew went to them all including an extra one in Vienna.
      Cheers Drew and Linda

Comment

I loved the excursions and the guides were superb and informative, without sounding like robots. In Vienna we had a coach tour for an hour and then a 90 min walking tour. My feet were rather delicate at the end of it but totally worth it.

Malcolm he looked 12 years old - apparently his father is also a River Cruise ship captain and he has been brought up on the ships - but when I first met him I did think he was a deck hand!! Silly me

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X