• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azamara Refits - Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azamara Refits - Update

Hi All

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/fu...ions-revealed/

At least they plan to do something with the showers

Annie

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
    Hi All

Annie
    Mmmmm! Not so sure about some of these changes. Have to say I really liked the dark wood panelling makes them stand out from the crowd of modern ships all beige & plastic. Hope they don't cheapen it. Shame to lose the outdoor area of the café it was lovely eating out there, now you'll have to pay. Their prices are quite similar to Oceania who don't charge extra for their speciality dining.

For me what needed improving was the pool. Far too small & Those Jacuzzis took chunks out of it. People used it to stand & cool off so even if you wanted to swim you couldn't. Could be improved to what Fred Olsen have with their Swimex pools.

Interesting to see what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      Hi All

Annie
      Not sure that there is any major improvement with the showers by the look of that photograph, I suppose the proof of the pudding etc.

The new curtains in the dining room might make a difference; I have been complaining for years about the lack of noise damping in the restaurant, if you are dining anywhere the noise factor id high but to be on that cebtral stage with that dome means that it is difficult to have good conversations, the noise is deafening. ....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post
        Mmmmm! Not so sure about some of these changes. Have to say I really liked the dark wood panelling makes them stand out from the crowd of modern ships all beige & plastic. Hope they don't cheapen it. Shame to lose the outdoor area of the café it was lovely eating out there, now you'll have to pay. Their prices are quite similar to Oceania who don't charge extra for their speciality dining.

For me what needed improving was the pool. Far too small & Those Jacuzzis took chunks out of it. People used it to stand & cool off so even if you wanted to swim you couldn't. Could be improved to what Fred Olsen have with their Swimex pools.

Interesting to see what will happen.
        Hi.

I think the outdoor eating area will still be accessible for breakfast and lunch. I suppose it's a bit of a dead area at night so this is an attempt to make some money and better use space.

We've been lucky with the pools so far, but I know what you mean. Not the best.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X