• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The www.CRUISE.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princess and the Pea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I don't agree with you there Mrs M. Having been on a few Cunard cruises, I certainly wouldn't put Princess in the same bracket. However, I have done a few cruises with P & O, which I feel is on a par with Princess.
    If you read my follow on comment, in comparing the cruise lines, I used the the same model which in this case, was a mini cruise. Take out the sea day activities on QM2 as Princess didn't have any, I put Cunard and Princess level. Both have their good and not so good points.

I also said, subjectively,Cunard are still tops in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

If you read my follow on comment, in comparing the cruise lines, I used the the same model which in this case, was a mini cruise. Take out the sea day activities on QM2 as Princess didn't have any, I put Cunard and Princess level. Both have their good and not so good points.

I also said, subjectively,Cunard are still tops in my book.
      Well I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Well I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
        I'm sure others will agree with you, as some will agree with me. At least I can't be accused of being blinkered here.

Comment

As I've always wanted to try Princess cruises, the write up has provided some info about the ship, esp the use of melamine wares in buffet restaurant. I'm never in favour of the use of melamine wares for serving food, esp. hot food for health & safety reasons. Besides the hot food will rapidly becomes cold when serve on melamine wares. NCL uses melamine wares in the buffet restaurant too. Thanks again.
          Last edited by antalismy, UK; 11th October 2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Just reread this and noted the comment about the kids not having much else to do other than the pool. We went and checked out the kids clubs before sailing and were let into every one, once we explained what we both did for a living and had potential little cruisers. The clubs looked great.
            We passed the teenage venue on the way up to the nightclub on the last night, it looked busy.
            Past cruises:
            Carnival Conquest October 2002
            Independence of the Seas October 2012
            Independence of the Seas May 2014
            Explorer of the Seas June 2015
            Norwegian Escape October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by cymrucruiser View Post
              Just reread this and noted the comment about the kids not having much else to do other than the pool. We went and checked out the kids clubs before sailing and were let into every one, once we explained what we both did for a living and had potential little cruisers. The clubs looked great.
              We passed the teenage venue on the way up to the nightclub on the last night, it looked busy.
              Thanks for that. That's the trouble with mini cruises; it's easy to miss things if you don't go looking for them.
              Jill

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X