• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few ships ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I saw them the other day when in the vicinity. They looked rather sad.

Annie
    Yeah they do. They just need to be sailing again.
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
      3403B4B8-1559-4529-A9A1-9C5B4A6CCB85.png

My ship fix is looking at the three of Azamara ships docked in King George V dock, Shieldhall, Glasgow until sailing starts again.
      Are they getting some sort of cut price mooring? Seems strange for them to be there when all the other lines seem to have found free anchorages.

From Marine Traffic satellite imagery they appear to be next to warehouses holding wind turbine components.

Annotation 2020-08-31 080832.png

A bit more about the ships in Weymouth, big tourist attraction by the look of it.

https://www.love-weymouth.co.uk/crui...-weymouth-bay/

www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post

Are they getting some sort of cut price mooring? Seems strange for them to be there when all the other lines seem to have found free anchorages.

From Marine Traffic satellite imagery they appear to be next to warehouses holding wind turbine components.

Annotation 2020-08-31 080832.png

A bit more about the ships in Weymouth, big tourist attraction by the look of it.

https://www.love-weymouth.co.uk/crui...-weymouth-bay/

As this is not a normal cruise ship port only Azamara will know if they’re docked for free or at a cost. Greenock Port Authorities would not allow them to dock there as, I’m only guessing, this was the area with the highest Covid numbers when they were needing a place to dock and didn’t want to put the staff in danger. The Azamara ships are docked in King George V dock at Shieldhall which is surrounded by warehouses but why they’re docked there is anybody’s guess but it is so nice to see cruise ships docked so far up the Clyde.
        Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 31st August 2020, 07:10 PM.
        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Couldn’t resist this one!!!! 770CFE47-9448-4DEF-9E68-F7FB5933088C.jpeg

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
          X