• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Cunard deferring start up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Cunard deferring start up?

I looked at the Cunard website this morning and all references to May cruises, have gone.

The first cruise was supposed to have been Victoria's Round Britain cruise, 17th May. Now the first cruise is a TA, 23rd June and I guess that's open to speculation. QE and QV are scheduled 24th and 27th June,

I haven't heard anything yet [we have a cruise all paid for within the now seemingly non existent scheduling] but it's an interesting development.

Thanks for the ‘heads up’. Need to monitor this closely given our bookings (made 18 months back).

Comment

Our QE, 18 May trip was cancelled weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac, Glasgow View Post
        Our QE, 18 May trip was cancelled weeks ago.
        Indeed it was, but QV's scheduling remained 17th May for their start up cruise up until this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
          Thanks for the ‘heads up’. Need to monitor this closely given our bookings (made 18 months back).
          You are very welcome.
          I have been monitoring the site as our cruise was a transfer made last March. The cruise was all paid for, in line with their t&cs. If this change of scheduling is correct, then maybe I might get some kind of percentage incentive to keep the monies on account.

Comment

Looks like they still need to update the Covid message on their website, it was dated 11 Feb and refers to QV starting up on the 17 May.

I can’t see how the QM will be doing a TA to New York on 23 June either if the Us borders are still closed at that time.

Hope they clarify on the situation asap.

Edit. A frustrating situation for cruisers and cruiseline, as I saw that the Queens are hovering round the Isle of Wight.

So near yet so far!
            Last edited by All at sea, Yorks; 25th February 2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Also looking at the P&O site, the earliest cruises for booking are the 24th June 2021 for Med cruises and 26th June for Norway,

We have a long standing Norway cruise booked for 26th June, but have decided not to go whatever the decision, If P&O eventually cancel, will claim refund of deposit if not move cruise to 2022.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
                Looks like they still need to update the Covid message on their website, it was dated 11 Feb and refers to QV starting up on the 17 May.

I can’t see how the QM will be doing a TA to New York on 23 June either if the Us borders are still closed at that time.

Hope they clarify on the situation asap.

Edit. A frustrating situation for cruisers and cruiseline, as I saw that the Queens are hovering round the Isle of Wight.

So near yet so far!
                It is surely no surprise - has there been any news on trial cruises for any of these cruise lines??

I worked in the marine industry and I recall only too well the work involved in getting a ship ready for service.

If I recall correctly, TD predicted that few if any ships would sail before end June 2021 from SOTON - doesn't look as if he was wrong does it??

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                  I looked at the Cunard website this morning and all references to May cruises, have gone.

The first cruise was supposed to have been Victoria's Round Britain cruise, 17th May. Now the first cruise is a TA, 23rd June and I guess that's open to speculation. QE and QV are scheduled 24th and 27th June,

I haven't heard anything yet [we have a cruise all paid for within the now seemingly non existent scheduling] but it's an interesting development.
                  Interesting. We are booked on QV 27 June but have long suspected it wont happen. Further, even it does, we will lose the deposit and not be aboard.

Doubts are sown as we were informed some weeks ago that "for our convenience" the final balance need not be paid at that time, final payments were being deferred.
                  Also, last week I failed several times to access the VP. Now I know that this happens but as this was every time and the whole thing seemed to have died a death it did make me wonder if all was on hold.

Comment

Time will tell when cruising actually recommences. I think we all know that’s not going to be anytime soon. August. - September maybe 🤔

Comment

Noticed that Princess cruises have cancelled all their cruises to Alaska 2021 including long trip from Southampton and return to Canada in Sept 21. So I would not think that Cunard trips especially TA will take place. After all they are all Carnival companies. I have a Cunard trip around UK booked late June 21 on QE but this I think would appear to be unlikely to go ahead. Just a matter of time before Cunard cancels.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post

Interesting. We are booked on QV 27 June but have long suspected it wont happen. Further, even it does, we will lose the deposit and not be aboard.

Doubts are sown as we were informed some weeks ago that "for our convenience" the final balance need not be paid at that time, final payments were being deferred.
                        Also, last week I failed several times to access the VP. Now I know that this happens but as this was every time and the whole thing seemed to have died a death it did make me wonder if all was on hold.
                        I read some folk have had difficulties with their VP. I haven’t had any problems but the site ha been dreadfully slow.

Until our now non scheduled cruise is officially cancelled, we still have six cruises booked over 21 and 22. If they’re sailing, we’ll be on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Sailor, London View Post
                          Noticed that Princess cruises have cancelled all their cruises to Alaska 2021 including long trip from Southampton and return to Canada in Sept 21. So I would not think that Cunard trips especially TA will take place. After all they are all Carnival companies. I have a Cunard trip around UK booked late June 21 on QE but this I think would appear to be unlikely to go ahead. Just a matter of time before Cunard cancels.
                          I think scheduling has more a bearing on Cunard ships restarting rather than belonging to the CCL stable.

Comment

Clarification

Cunard have not cancelled the missing itineraries but they are not on their site as they are closed to bookings at the moment until further clarification is given on cruise travel arrangements.

Comment

I would think that as Princess Cruises have cancelled their Alaska cruises , It would just be a matter of time before Cunard cancels their cruises in Alaska and to the USA as well . Only time will tell whether ALL Carnival corp ships do the same.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X