• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judith Cooke RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    started a topic Judith Cooke RIP

Judith Cooke RIP

Hi Everyone,

Many of you will know Judith Cooke, as she was a frequent poster on the Forum. If you haven't heard already, I regret to tell you that she lost her battle with cancer in the early hours of this morning. We have been Forum friends for many years, and both particularly enjoyed the Fun & Games section. She will be missed. Condolences to husband Alan and daughter Alison.
    Sadly, Gill

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    replied
    I received this email from Allan and Alison yesterday. It may be of interest to some of you.
    Dear All,

We now have some further details about Judith’s funeral arrangements.

The service will take place on Monday the 2nd August at 12:00 noon in the Carnarvon Chapel at Bretby Crematorium.
    Geary Lane, Burton-on-Trent, DE15 0QE

Dress code - colourful and comfortable, in line with Judith’s wishes.

Please join us for refreshments afterwards at La Zouch Restaurant and Cellars - 2 Kilwardby Street, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, LE65 2FQ

If any of you would like to give a donation in memory of Judith, we have chosen the Derbyshire,Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance service and the RNLI.

For those friends and relations of Judith who cannot attend the service, we have organised a webcast recording. The attached pdf file gives details on how to access the webcast. The link below will open the webcast page, where you will need to enter the login and password given below.

https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view

Login / Order ID: 104510

Password: ducnfrxf

You will be able to access the webcast for 7 days after the service.

Our Best Regards

Alan and Alison

Leave a comment:

• cruiser, Larne
    replied
    Very sad news. The forum has lost a dedicated contributor and I enjoyed reading her posts. May she rest in peace. My sympathies to her family.

Leave a comment:

• Bigsis, Waterlooville
    replied
    Very sad to read that Judith lost her battle and I send my condolences to her family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• CELEBRITYFAN, YORK
    replied
    So sad to hear this news, I never met Judith but felt that I knew her through her ramblings about Seabourn.

RIP Judith and condolences to her family.

Leave a comment:

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    replied
    Originally posted by Tracey, East Yorkshire View Post

Such sad news, although I don't post much on here I did enjoy Judith's posts, I often caught up on the '5 word story' and ' answer a question with a question' to see how she was... I know how much you (Gill) and David (Barrowman) were so very kind and showed such huge support to her, keeping her as positive as could be, cheered her up as much as was possible in her poorly times....
    Hold on to that Gill, you have been a wonderful cyber friend to Judith and it showed in her posts how she appreciated you beng there....
    Bless her, may she rest in peace... Deepest sympathy to Alan and Alison xxx
    Thank you, Tracey, I find that a comfort. I will be contacting Alan to let him know of all your wonderful kind responses, which I am sure will be a comfort to him.

Leave a comment:

• Harry, Hastings
    replied
    Such sad news. Condolences to her family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• PeterM, Southwell
    replied
    I also didn't know Judith personally but felt I did know her a little from her posts. Very sorry to hear of her passing.

Leave a comment:

• Tracey, East Yorkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

Thank you for your kind words, All at sea, we did try and cheer her up in our own small way.
    Such sad news, although I don't post much on here I did enjoy Judith's posts, I often caught up on the '5 word story' and ' answer a question with a question' to see how she was... I know how much you (Gill) and David (Barrowman) were so very kind and showed such huge support to her, keeping her as positive as could be, cheered her up as much as was possible in her poorly times....
    Hold on to that Gill, you have been a wonderful cyber friend to Judith and it showed in her posts how she appreciated you beng there....
    Bless her, may she rest in peace... Deepest sympathy to Alan and Alison xxx

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    That is such sad news, I am sorry to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

Thank you for your kind words, All at sea, we did try and cheer her up in our own small way.
    and PMs were an outlet for her sadness, acceptance and frustration at times.

It's good to talk folks and if being a member of an internet forum means you can connect and talk through your grief in private with folk you've become friends with but will probably never meet [think pen pals of the past] then all for the better.

Leave a comment:

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    replied
    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    Dreadfully sorry to see this very sad news, I always read Judith’s posts with interest and sometimes also followed them on the games threads to see how she was doing.

But I have to thank you guys on the games threads. I think you did very well in keeping her spirits up, particularly when she was feeling very low with another infection or hospitalisation.

My sincere condolences to her husband and daughter.

Judith won’t be forgotten on this forum, we will miss her Seabourn reminiscences. .

R I P 🕯🕯🕯

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    I never met Judith but, reading her posts, I felt sad that her last months were spent living under such restrictions at this awful time, and that she was unable to cruise again when to do so would have given her much pleasure.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    I always enjoyed reading her posts. Condolences to her family.

Leave a comment:

• Smith7
    replied
    We met Judith and Alan on Celebrity Eclipse 11 years ago. Although most of us knew that Judith was fighting cancer for some time, it is still very sad to hear that she has lost the battle.

Our heartfelt condolences go to Alan and family at this very sad time.

RIP Judith.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X