• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinks on Room Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will buy a drinks package, I prefer to pay upfront rather than worry about how much it will cost and restrict ourselves on the cruise being our first cruise.

Is it better to buy the drinks package before boarding the ship or while on board? looking at the online prices, the price has been the same for the ultimate package (£555 per person) on the RCI website for the last 6 months from when I first priced it up, but since then the $US exchange rate is much better against the £ at £1 to $1.70, are the packages in $US dollar when purchasing on board as with the current exchange rate it might be better to buy onboard?

Comment

Originally posted by delandmo, Sutton, Surrey. View Post
      Hi,
      We find on the I.O.T.S your chosen ship, there are plenty of free beverages throughout the day, tea, coffee, fruit drinks and iced water. We are not one's to have alcohol with our meals and will have the odd drink in the theatre or later in Olive or Twist. Our drinks bill never exceeds more than 10/12 dollars per day. What about taking 2 bottles of wine on board to drink in your cabin, which I think RC have now allowed on embarkation, and replenish with purchases either at dinner or a bar and take that back to your stateroom. As mcphisto suggests enroll your child into one of the clubs, unless a babe in arms, they will enjoy it and will give you some free time.
      Yep, you can take 2 * 750ml bottle of wine on board per cabin, if we do not do the drinks package we will take on board. Our son Is 6 years old so we would not let him be on his own at a kids club etc, we got a room with a balcony so we can go back to the room after dinner and read or watch movies on a tablet on the balcony while our son sleeps.
      That's why I asked about room service originally, when I booked the cruise last summer, I was told that the drinks packages included room service (you just had to tip the waiter), so not happy this is not the case.
      Last edited by ecnirp, Manchester; 14th May 2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
      X