• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDMI Ports available for TV on Independence of the Seas ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI Ports available for TV on Independence of the Seas ?

Hi, I have just booked our first cruise on RCI Independence of the Seas in May 2014 for 14 nights around the Med Cities. I would like to take my tablet/media player so I can play movies/cartoons in the cabin, do the RCI Televisions have HDMI ports available? also, what is the power socket type? I presumed US 2 pin as RCI are a US company? Thanks.

Yes, power sockets will be US style.

I'm not sure about HDMI, the TV's might still date back to 2008, when she was built, possibly pre-HDMI?

Anyway, if it's a good cruise, you will not have any time to watch movies/cartoons in your cabin! The live entertainment can be excellent.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We are travelling with a young child, so cartoons will be good for him, also, we will be in the cabin with him in the evenings, so we will not be able to goto the evening shows, have booked a room with a balcony, we plan to go on there and watch movies/read.
      Last edited by ecnirp, Manchester; 15th September 2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

TV Connectivity sockets on RCI ships are normally blocked out or non existent, so I wouldn't bank on it .........Wilba
        Wilba

Comment

Not sure how old your child is, but the ice-skating show is excellent for most ages!
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Pretty sure there is a cartoon channel on all the time, Nickelodeon or Boomerang, something like that.

Comment

The staterooms also have a European socket pin for which you need the "usual" adaptor. I cannot remember seeing more than one of these. There was definitely one American-style socket (110v I think) for which a different bit of technology is needed to change the voltage.

K

Comment

Hi ecnirp.

Wilba is correct. Royal Caribbean International had the HDMI and RCA video/audio inputs disabled.

You'll find both sets of power outlets on RCI ships. Euro (230v) and US (110v). So you'll need an adaptor.

Cheers OSD
                Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Thanks for the info, looks like my son will be watching his movies on the tablet.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X