• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence of the seas med cruise was great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Independence of the seas med cruise was great

    Hi All,

    Thanks for all your answers over the last few months, you were all right when you said stop worrying everything will be great. YES it was more that great, it was wonderful. The service from the cabin housekeeping staff and dining staff are 5 star all the way. The meals were amazing. 3 courses every night, we had my time dining and we ended up finding a table and staff that we really liked and kept to that table for the rest of our holiday, Manoj was our waiter and Ana was our assistant waiter. Manuel was our cabin staff. Nothing was any trouble at all. We took the trips that we wanted that were organised by the boat. They were well organised and the guides on the coaches were really good and were loaded with information. The entertainment in the theatre every night was first class, the ice skating shows are not to be missed. Overall this was a fantastic holiday and all of you first timers don't do what I did and worry, everything will be alright. I can't wait to book another cruise.

    #2
    Hi Mandm,

    My wife and I are going on this cruise in 53 days, not that I'm counting, we are really looking forward to the cruise.
    We have booked the "my time" dining, which is the one this that is giving me a small concern as we have only been on one cruise before which was last year on the Celebrity Eclipse and we in a small restaurant rather than the main dining room. I was wonering how that worked, I know that there are two dining times but do you have to stick to the same sitting each evening or can you swap and change, do you have to sit at the same table. Basically how does it work?

    Cheers
    Pete

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by MANDM, KENT View Post
      Hi All,

      Thanks for all your answers over the last few months, you were all right when you said stop worrying everything will be great. YES it was more that great, it was wonderful. The service from the cabin housekeeping staff and dining staff are 5 star all the way. The meals were amazing. 3 courses every night, we had my time dining and we ended up finding a table and staff that we really liked and kept to that table for the rest of our holiday, Manoj was our waiter and Ana was our assistant waiter. Manuel was our cabin staff. Nothing was any trouble at all. We took the trips that we wanted that were organised by the boat. They were well organised and the guides on the coaches were really good and were loaded with information. The entertainment in the theatre every night was first class, the ice skating shows are not to be missed. Overall this was a fantastic holiday and all of you first timers don't do what I did and worry, everything will be alright. I can't wait to book another cruise.
      So please you really had a wonderful time. We too have just returned from our first cruise. We had a great time too. Looking forward to booking another one.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MANDM, KENT View Post
        Hi All,

        I can't wait to book another cruise.
        Oasis and Allure are even MORE impressive! Norwegian Epic is not bad, either.
        See my cruise blog: HERE

        Comment


          #5
          So pleased you had a great time.
          I am going through that hope it will be ok stage.just over 3 weeks to go.

          Please can you tell up what trips you took?

          Comment


            #6
            We are going on the Oasis is November. Is it as good as the claims? I'm now wondering if its too big, and that we should have opted for a smaller ship. We have been on Explorer of the Seas, I loved it!

            Comment


              #7
              we took the barcelona football stadium one. Hubby liked that, me, it was a footie pitch !
              We took one in Gibralter up to the top of rock to see the apes, best one for me
              we took one in Lisbon , basic sightseeing one stopped for short times at 4 sightsCannes/Nice,riverera basic sights
              Palma we took caves of drach.all in all they were all great.
              any of the trips I should imagine will be fab as the guides they used on the ones we went on were really informative.

              Comment


                #8
                Hi Pete,
                we did my time dining because I didn't want to be tied. For the first 3 nights we sat at different tables, on the 4th night we found we liked the position of the table and the waiters better, so we asked at the desk when you go in if we could have the same table and the same time each night ( although I made us late every night finding stuff to wear !) and it was a table for two. They did just that, nothing is any trouble for them. It is on the third tier of the dining room, it is fab.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks for replying.


                  Can you remember the names of the gibraltar and Lisbon tours you chose?

                  Thank you!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    me too, I'd like to go to Alaska I think. I will start reviewing tomorrow, best ones, trips, ships etc.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MANDM, KENT View Post
                      we took the barcelona football stadium one. Hubby liked that, me, it was a footie pitch !
                      We took one in Gibralter up to the top of rock to see the apes, best one for me
                      we took one in Lisbon , basic sightseeing one stopped for short times at 4 sightsCannes/Nice,riverera basic sights
                      Palma we took caves of drach.all in all they were all great.
                      any of the trips I should imagine will be fab as the guides they used on the ones we went on were really informative.
                      The caves of Drach brings back some memories, we booked a tour when my daughters were young having been assured by the travel rep the caves were wheelchair accessible
                      When we arrived we were told to leave her in a cafe well you don't leave a young child all alone after a discusion with the people who ran the caves four young men appeared we straped her in the chair took the wheels off and they carried her all the way down through the caves
                      That is real service, I really don't think they could carry her now twenty odd years later she is a lot heavier

                      Comment


                        #12
                        panoramic lisbon $36
                        rock of gibralter 43.95
                        drach caves 58.87
                        fc barcelona 54.03

                        hope this helps

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by CARLSBERGFAMILY, ERITH View Post
                          Thanks for replying.


                          Can you remember the names of the gibraltar and Lisbon tours you chose?

                          Thank you!
                          panaoramic Lisbon
                          Rock of Gibralter

                          Comment


                            #14
                            oh gosh what memories that bought back,the caves of drach at porto christo in majorca,it was many years ago we stayed at the hotel practically on the doorstep of the caves,they were amazing i remember you could go on a boat trip on the lake,it looked about 3 feet deep,but we were told it was so vastly deep,yet so clear,well worth a visit

                            Comment


                            We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.


                            By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

                            Working...
                            X