• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persona non grata...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persona non grata...

Is this the start?

Logging in to MSC Yoyagers Club requires your membership number, password and country.

Well...it took me a while but having failed to find either the United Kingdom, Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Great Britain I eventually found it.

You log in under..........

......................Other.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

That's pathetic. If we don't exist why would anyone from UK sail with them? It could be an oversight, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
      That's pathetic. If we don't exist why would anyone from UK sail with them? It could be an oversight, but I doubt it.
      I suspect you're right about the error. But it just feels shabby.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
        I suspect you're right about the error. But it just feels shabby.

Bill
        Hi Bill

MSC website had/has so many glitches. I would report it and see if they correct it.

Annie

Comment

Evening Bill
          I logged in last night with my name and booking number.
          That's as far as I got because the rest was the biggest mess I have ever seen on any cruise website.
          They only showed 3 drinks packages for a start.
          Absolutely useless.
          Regards
          Garfield

Comment

As a long time Voyagers Club member I only need my e-mail (or membership no) and password to log-in. Several other ways including booking number.

As for drinks packages I think the only ones you can pre-book are the meals only package and the 2 all-inclusive options.

However I agree that the site is a bit flaky, but I always get there in the end.

Cheers

Tony B

Comment

What is it about cruise companies and their awful websites?

If they were High St. businesses I suspect they wouldn't last long.

Haven't had issues with their site previously (other than the sleight of hand where the 5% discount suddenly becomes 'unavailable on this cruise').

Why do they put obstacles in the way?

I know there will be other cruise websites that perform perfectly well but too many don't.

What am I saying? just check out this website - hardly a model of how a website should be!

Ah, c'est la vie....

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

What is it about cruise companies and their awful websites?

If they were High St. businesses I suspect they wouldn't last long.

Haven't had issues with their site previously (other than the sleight of hand where the 5% discount suddenly becomes 'unavailable on this cruise').

Why do they put obstacles in the way?

I know there will be other cruise websites that perform perfectly well but too many don't.

What am I saying? just check out this website - hardly a model of how a website should be!

Ah, c'est la vie....

Bill
                Hi Bill

In that other place, there are numerous threads on the same topic. Sadly MSC are not alone but their site has been useless since 2013.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                  Hi Bill

In that other place, there are numerous threads on the same topic. Sadly MSC are not alone but their site has been useless since 2013.

Annie
                  Tried to e-mail them from their contact page. Selected subject from the drop-down menu - 'Web Support' threw a wobbly and voided that area - not able to enter anything.

Ah, well....

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I looked at prices for Grandisoa a couple of days ago, pit my number in and had no problems getting prices for different options, that said I did not like the prices I did get.

Above was using Firefox as the browser.

John

Comment

Tried to e-mail them from their contact page. Selected subject from the drop-down menu - 'Web Support' threw a wobbly and voided that area - not able to enter anything.

Ah, well....

Bill
                      Hi Bill

I'm having issues too - can get a quote but not proceed with booking, same as you black card holder...

On all of the 5 bookings we have I can see the booking but cannot add any extras.

Try emailing mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk if the web contact form isn't working

Comment

Is this the start?

Logging in to MSC Yoyagers Club requires your membership number, password and country.
                        In all my 12 years in the MSC "Loyalty" Club I've never needed more than my membership number and password. Never needed to use my country.

However, the site has changed recently and now it no longer accepts my usual login and only accepts my booking number.

I've contacted MSC UK and they have tried without success to fix my login problem. Their web site has always been a nightmare to use and now it's just got worse.

They must be loosing thousands of customers by having such a cr*p web site.

So I think you have done very well to be able to log in at all, even if you have to use "other" to find your country.

I don't get that choice and i'm getting very annoyed about it.
                        Pete

sigpic
                        If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

MSC's website is utter garbage, but crap websites seem to be something of a trend in the cruise industry! 😂

I tried to do a dummy booking for the member's only Grandiosa sailings, but it claimed my DOB didn't match my Voyagers Club membership. Odd, seeing as they have the correct date of birth from when I, you know, sailed with them!
                          Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                            I looked at prices for Grandisoa a couple of days ago, pit my number in and had no problems getting prices for different options, that said I did not like the prices I did get.

Above was using Firefox as the browser.

John
                            Just been speaking to a very helpful young lady from MSC and was quoted very reasonable prices for the first few cruises in November 2019, a Bella inside was only £549 leaving from Barcelona of course still have to find flights however for a ship of this magnitude I thought this was good value and Manchester has a regular service to Barcelona and being a black card got %5 twice so do not understand what prices you received unless of course you got the aurora or YC . Have not booked yet another £336 for the two of us for the drinks package we shall see.

Comment

I noticed member no. does not work email address does.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X