• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Star, pictures and final thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Star, pictures and final thoughts

I have a selection of pictures to show from our recent cruise and will post them in a series of updates along with a few final thoughts all assuming that I can get the upload to work

John
    Last edited by Haworth, Wokingham; 8th December 2017, 04:33 PM.

Hi John .
    just looked on my I-pad and Photo bucket will not allow you to share unless you have paid the fee....Taffy

And no link's at all on my Mac??
    ​Taffy

Comment

Spacious areas around the ship, most of these were taken during the day on a typical sea day

Spacious areas around the ship, including:

The sports deck
      Explorers lounge
      Viking living room

Comment

Spa and pool area

Drift wood Christmas trees in the spa pool area

Snow room

Covered pool but with retractable roof

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
          Hi John .
          just looked on my I-pad and Photo bucket will not allow you to share unless you have paid the fee....Taffy

And no link's at all on my Mac??
          Thanks Taffy, looks like they will let me copy the images

John

Comment

A few general pictures

Information boards inside and outside lifts

Hand washing as well as anti bacterial gell outside the buffet

Wintergarden area where they serve afternoon tea

Sunrise outside Haifa

Comment

Wow! Looks a bit posh!..............Wilba
              Wilba

Comment

Thanks for posting. The ship looks very stylish.

Comment

That looks amazing John, very luxurious. The Winter Garden looks like a great spot to relax

Comment

Thanks Hayworth. Looks very nice but different. Where are all the passengers?

Comment

Fabulous. Looks like my kind of ship. Quiet and relaxed too.

When we get fed up of Victoria, I know where we might be heading.

Comment

Thank you for sharing, looks very plush, hope you had a fantastic time, and would you go on her again? ..............................Carol

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. She looks beautiful.

Comment

A few last pictures, Christmas around the ship and a ginger bread village

Comment

Viking Star is an elegant ship with lots of well appointed public areas, friendly staff and senior managers visible all around the ship, the only occasion we encountered any queues was the lunch buffet on one sea day, we went to the restaurant.

Food is very subjective but we enjoyed the atmosphere in the buffet more than the restaurant, it was the same food just self service with copious quantities of wine poured and a large glass to go before you left, by the second week this was replaced by a bottle of red "for the cabin sir"

A few misses, the coffee everywhere apart from the Viking Living Room was undrinkable (by my standards) and the evening entertainment was a best mixed, one show by the CD, 2 production shows and 2 guests were all good/excellent, other evenings (4 nights) the main evening show was a feature film ever by the pool or in the theatre.

Would we go again yes, we have booked another, will Viking suit everyone, no, we have a choice of many cruise lines each of which offers a degree of choice, we all like what we like.

John

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X