• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spell check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spell check

I admit that as I am dyslexic I often resort to using "Spell Check" to check out my inappropriate words and sometimes quite awful spelling.

Obviously there are many who do not use this facility but I wonder how many others would own up to using it on a regular basis. ....Neil

I od lal hte imte!
    Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
      I admit that as I am dyslexic I often resort to using "Spell Check" to check out my inappropriate words and sometimes quite awful spelling.

Obviously there are many who do not use this facility but I wonder how many others would own up to using it on a regular basis. ....Neil
      I dont use it Neil. I ought to though. There are some words I just cant spell. Piccallilli, Necesserary Particullary. Some words I cant even say correctly., I always end up with a few extra sss's on the end. My sister could not say Post Mortem. It was always Post Mortion. My daughter and grandkids and me get words mixed up. Is it called spoonerism? Nunkey mut's is one. I will try and think of some more. Carol.:o
      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Neil Down, Southampton;

I nearly always use it. (As long as I remember to use it.)
        "It's not that I can't spell - it's that I can't type!!;)"

cheers
        Harvey

Comment

I mostly use Google Chrome browser and it spell checks by default.......Wilba
          Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

I don't know where the spell check thing is [apart from on my email account] but I do know what a dictionary is for. Unfortunately the finger is often quicker than the brain and so misspelt words occur.

Comment

Spelling, punctuation and grammar are the things I do best. In fact, the only real talent I have is for use of English.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba, N View Post
                I mostly use Google Chrome browser and it spell checks by default.......Wilba
                I use Firefox and that does the same thing.
                www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

I'm pretty good, on my own thanks.

And I can certainly spell better than the ruddy Amerikin spell checks!!
                  -but that depends on how you have your spell-checker set
                  to whatever version of English you desire..or iz it dezire?

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey, Bristol upon Cream View Post
                    I nearly always use it. (As long as I remember to use it.)
                    "It's not that I can't spell - it's that I can't type!!;)"

cheers
                    Harvey
                    Yep, I mistype all the time and usually notice my mistakes just as I hit the send button-must get into the habit of using spellcheck.

I often notice spelling errors on this site (retired teacher, sorry!) but the only thing that bugs me is the misuse of apostrophes. I wouldn't dream of pointing it out to anyone though, as we are not in a classroom and I wouldn't want to offend. I have been known to rub out misused apostrophes on blackboards outside cafes etc and then do a runner.
                    Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith, Crayford View Post
                      Yep, I mistype all the time and usually notice my mistakes just as I hit the send button-must get into the habit of using spellcheck.

I often notice spelling errors on this site (retired teacher, sorry!) but the only thing that bugs me is the misuse of apostrophes. I wouldn't dream of pointing it out to anyone though, as we are not in a classroom and I wouldn't want to offend. I have been known to rub out misused apostrophes on blackboards outside cafes etc and then do a runner.
                      As a fellow former teacher, I must confess that I do exactly the same thing. Misplaced and superfluous apostrophes drive me insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat, Argolida View Post
                        As a fellow former teacher, I must confess that I do exactly the same thing. Misplaced and superfluous apostrophes drive me insane.
                        Hiya Bosscat. I know I dont always do things correctly. But you CAN learn an old dog new tricks.I dont mind in the slightest if I am corrected. I'm very willing to learn. Carol x:o
                        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

I love it
                          xxxxx

Comment

the mumfords, Nr. rotherham;
                            Hiya Bosscat. I know I dont always do things correctly. But you CAN learn an old dog new tricks.I dont mind in the slightest if I am corrected. I'm very willing to learn. Carol x:o
                            Here you go - lesson 1.
                            dont = don't (i.e. do not)
                            (You DID ask! )

cheers
                            Harvey;)

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey, Bristol upon Cream View Post
                              Here you go - lesson 1.
                              dont = don't (i.e. do not)
                              (You DID ask! )

cheers
                              Harvey;)
                              Right! I wont. Carol x
                              sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy