• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer

Not long to go now ! it will be 12th Feb before we know!!! only booked this holiday in october 2010!!!! getting a bit excited/apprehensive! not sure how I feel?? anyone out there going on the oceana for 2 wks on the same date?????

Sadly not Annette, but have a great cruise! I would love to escape the UK in February!
    Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Nor us Annette.
      Have been on Oceana 3 times, but not for a while.
      Seems ages ago from you booking it, but it soon comes round. I still get a bit uptight when it's only a few weeks to go.
      Have a wonderful cruise and most of all go with the intention of ENJOYING it.
      sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

we had our first cruise on Oceana 2 weeks Med cruise in October and after reading some of the reviews on here we were apprehensive but were not disappointed yes its true there are the odd rust spots but its a ship sailing in all weathers every day of the year so you can expect it but believe me you will have a great time

Comment

We just joined a few minutes ago... we are also first timers.. and funny enough.. also from Hemel Hempstead..... sadly we arent going cruising in feb... we havent yet chosen a cruise and dont know how to go about it really.... Im sure there are ways of choosing the right ship etc... we would like to visit the Med.. italy spain balearics that sort of area.. and propbably just 7 days for our first cruise... but... we dont want a rubbish boat...and we still have about 1000 questions unanswered....would be glad of help from anyone
          John & Gill

Comment

John n Jill!!likewise not sure what we have done in the way of booking!!! but will definately let you know how we get on etc., so if you could bear with us untill after feb! before you book!! hopefully can help advise you!!

Comment

I think my problem is that I have to pack etc for my 84 yr mum!!! not just for myself!! trying to think formal and casual nights is a headache!!! let alone passports, credit cards etc., what clothes (thermal/summer etc.,) on lido deck of oceana with balcony, have I booked a good room etc., will I be able to sit on balcony with glass of vino? without putting my winters coat on??? what to tip etc., dont want to go on cruise of lifetime (my 60th) and watch every penny??? xx

Comment

Annette- I just love your excitement!
                Are you leaving from Southampton?- because it will be chilly that first evening and all the next day, until you've dropped far enough south. The ship will be lovely and warm inside, but take some cardigans and wraps, as the dining room air con might be a little chilly for your mum after you've been sitting for a while- I sometimes find theatres on ships the same.
                Have a wonderful time, and report back to us!
                Jo.
                Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X