• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Going Green' with P and O

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Going Green' with P and O

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all ok on this lovely sunny day!!

I have just opted to 'Go Green' for our pending Azura cruise, mainly due to my excitment and impatience!! But could someone please advise on how it works with printing off our own luggage labels, I assume I will have to invest in some strong paper/card as the 'normal' stuff would be far too flimsy!!

Any advice would be very much appreciated

I think the idea is you print it off and fold over several times. Depends on your printer, but thick card would not go through ours. You could always cut the printed label and stick it onto thicker card. I'm going to laminate ours.

Comment

hi Lashie we have printed ours off and they are not too bad we are on Azura in August . We have just used normal paper to print and once you've folded all the sides looks as though it will hold. Enjoy cruise where you going ?

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleB, Olney View Post
        I think the idea is you print it off and fold over several times. Depends on your printer, but thick card would not go through ours. You could always cut the printed label and stick it onto thicker card. I'm going to laminate ours.
        Laminating them works a treat

Sean

Comment

Or cover liberally in sellotape. We did last year and they were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mandy, kent View Post
            hi Lashie we have printed ours off and they are not too bad we are on Azura in August . We have just used normal paper to print and once you've folded all the sides looks as though it will hold. Enjoy cruise where you going ?

Hi Mandy,

We are off to Western Med in Oct with our 6 year old daughter we are very excited (well my daughter and I are anyway, hubby will get excited nearer the time)!!

Hope you anjoy your cruise!!

Comment

p.s. Thank you to everyone who replied, never thought about laminating them, we have a laminator at work so will do that (just dont tell my boss)!!

Comment

As well as not getting your luggage labels, you dont get the holiday information book either. The GO GREEN is a bit of a misnomer as it just transfers the printing cost from P&O to you.
                However, I did have to print out my own labels on my last cruise as I had a last minute cabin change (upgrade). I printed mine off on normal paper and folded as instructed, then put Sellatape around the edges. They survived going and coming back....Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Ingle, Warwickshire View Post
                  As well as not getting your luggage labels, you dont get the holiday information book either. The GO GREEN is a bit of a misnomer as it just transfers the printing cost from P&O to you.
                  However, I did have to print out my own labels on my last cruise as I had a last minute cabin change (upgrade). I printed mine off on normal paper and folded as instructed, then put Sellatape around the edges. They survived going and coming back....Brian

Thanks Brian, I realise we do not get the holiday booklet but to be honest I wasnt too bothered about this as I can view it online and there was nothing in there that I didnt already know as i have been researching since we booked last September (I am driving my Hubby mad)!!

Good to know your labels survived and as I said I will laminate them for extra strength!!

Comment

Hi lashie

It would have been better not to go green you will not recieve the shinny excursion book with the labels in the back

Comment

A few months ago on this forum, someone (I think it might have been Rob, from Canada) suggested using these plastic luggage tag holders.
                      Cruise Luggage Tag Holder (for printed luggage tags)
                      We ordered some and they are BRILLIANT! We just print our luggage labels out onto a sheet of A4, fold them where suggested and place them inside the plastic wallet, securing them with the tags provided. They are exactly the correct size and there's no need for sellotape or laminators any more.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X