• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future cruise credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookhaven, Upminster
    started a topic Future cruise credit

Future cruise credit

This is probably a totally stupid question but I haven't been able to find the answer! Our December cruise with P&O has just been cancelled and we are eligible for a FCC of 125%. But we had only paid a deposit - even though the full cost was due last week P&O weren't chasing full payment, so we weren't at all surprised when the sailings were cancelled.. So is the FCC on the total cost of the cruise or just on the deposit we paid? Can anyone help please?

• JohnR, Chippenham
    replied
    Get your money back. Who knows how long it will take before you find another cruise you fancy with the same cruise line.

Leave a comment:

• tdb, Brentwood
    replied
    Many thanks for your experience. That will definitely help me to know how to use another FCC we’ve got.

Leave a comment:

• mags, cardiff
    replied
    Originally posted by tdb, Brentwood View Post
    Another thing to bear in mind about FCC (if my recent experience is common) it comes off the total cost of the cruise you book with it and - at least with Cunard as I found out recently! - you cannot use it to cover the deposit for your new cruise. Despite the cruiseline having had your original deposit usually for a long time, you have to pay the required deposit for your replacement cruise with extra cash! Why on Earth can’t the cruise company reasonably use the FCC for all or part of the next deposit?!
    Our fcc with a Cunard cancellation went on the deposit for the new cruise, booked direct with Cunard. No more cash required.

Leave a comment:

• Bookhaven, Upminster
    replied
    I was being a bit optimistic!
    On the other hand, we had taken out a single trip insurance. Their terms said 50% refund if a claim hadn't been made. I emailed them yesterday and the refund was back in my account today. So well done to Free Spirit insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    You will only get 125% FCC or 100% refund against what you have already paid.

ADCE2696-ADD1-45C6-AC8B-729098CF8614.jpeg
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bookhaven, Upminster
    replied
    but our travel agent said that it was our choice as P&O weren't chasing, so we decided not to.

Leave a comment:

• Bookhaven, Upminster
    replied
    We've had an email from P&O that says we are entitled to the FCC. We would have paid the full amount when it was due

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Mmmm!
    If you didn’t pay the full amount on payment due date last week (before P&O cancelled) would P&O be within their rights to think that by not paying you voluntarily cancelled.
    They may think they are being kind giving you a FCC for the deposit without the extra 25%,,but not a cash refund.
    They might go by their T&C and keep your deposit and give you nothing.

But,going by the way they treated people with refunds,me included (121 days) I wouldn’t second guess anything P&O would do.

JC

Leave a comment:

• Delboy, Essex
    replied
    I cancelled our June 2020 cruise In March and moved our deposit to a new cruise in June 2021, did not get FCC on my deposit, but did get a good price for the new cruise and also kept my OBC.

Since the latest P&O announcement, i checked to see if my new cruise was still on offer and found it had increased £500 in price and the OBC being offered was 50% less than what we were offered.

But to answer your question you would now only get FCC on the deposit you have paid. Could ask if you move cruise date and pay in full whether they would extend the FCC.
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 18th September 2020, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tdb, Brentwood
    replied
    Another thing to bear in mind about FCC (if my recent experience is common) it comes off the total cost of the cruise you book with it and - at least with Cunard as I found out recently! - you cannot use it to cover the deposit for your new cruise. Despite the cruiseline having had your original deposit usually for a long time, you have to pay the required deposit for your replacement cruise with extra cash! Why on Earth can’t the cruise company reasonably use the FCC for all or part of the next deposit?!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    You could do the full payment quickly and might get the FCC on the lot.

or just get your money back could be months before there are any cruises to even consider booking.

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    Hi, I know how disappointing it is to have cruises cancelled I'm afraid It's just the deposit you have paid that you get the FCC on! ...................................Carol

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X